Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
I have had probs on and off since both forums went to the new server and couldnt work it out, got on no probs on new fun server couldnt get on rvoc then couldnt get on either, then y/day got on both - Great - today i have been on and off so started looking at my machine and wondering.
I have AVG tracking disabler. Now i could get on all other forums but these two , looked at the tracking disabler and it was stopping some 'traffic' on looking at the items none of them collect personal data or share personal data but they were stopping me getting on here because i have just disabled the tracker and got on no problems after just trying for ages and getting a message mhf cannot be found and rvoc cannot be found messges. Just to add i got on fine first thing this morning and this started happening as i was posting on rvoc first then it happened on fun as i was reading a post and clicked to read next post
Any ideas why blocking the trackers stopped me accessing the forums

Is my computor going to get bombarded with stuff now i have disabled the tracker blocking element

Last edited:

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Well done Sapo. :thumb:

They have found Motorhome Fun's new server. They were probably having a little chat with people before they set about the task... just like the customers in front of me in Portuguese supermarket check out queues do. :winky:

JJ :Cool:

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
could not get on all afternoon

I could not get on all afternoon.. message on Safari saying server could not be found. Tried Firefox and Chrome ..same issue.

It has been hit and miss for a week now.??????? is just me JIM

Bob

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Pete45

Free Member
Jan 29, 2009
Milton Keynes Bucks
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Had 2 RV from 2003
I have had probs on and off since both forums went to the new server and couldnt work it out, got on no probs on new fun server couldnt get on rvoc then couldnt get on either, then y/day got on both - Great - today i have been on and off so started looking at my machine and wondering.
I have AVG tracking disabler. Now i could get on all other forums but these two , looked at the tracking disabler and it was stopping some 'traffic' on looking at the items none of them collect personal data or share personal data but they were stopping me getting on here because i have just disabled the tracker and got on no problems after just trying for ages and getting a message mhf cannot be found and rvoc cannot be found messges. Just to add i got on fine first thing this morning and this started happening as i was posting on rvoc first then it happened on fun as i was reading a post and clicked to read next post
Any ideas why blocking the trackers stopped me accessing the forums

Is my computor going to get bombarded with stuff now i have disabled the tracker blocking element

:Sad: Like you had the same probs on and off all day,keep getting Massage saying sever could not be found,that is all i am getting on RVOC now :Angry:,only just got baclk on here MHF.
So jim how long is this going on for ???????:shout:

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
Well Im on Fun but also cant get on RVOC again, having just tried

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Bob and Pete, no it should not take that long for your ISP to find us. It takes from just a few minutes to around 72 hours. for the new address to filter around the world and that was up at around 3 am this morning.

I'm sorry but there is nothing I can do, I wish there was. Turning your router off then back on can help, as can flushing your dns If this does not work for you then were stuck until the change filters to your ISPs which I'm sure will happen shortly :Smile:

MikeandCarolyn

Free Member
Mar 18, 2008
Worle,North Somerset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2009
New Server ? Really ? :ROFLMAO:
Not noticed a thing ::bigsmile: Been at 3 different locations in Mosel/Rhein area since 5th.
Just tried RVOC our of interest and can get to Home page on that as well.
Chat opens ok too.

Mike

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Straight in on FUN and RVOC with no problems at all, from links on email notifications, or using favourites. :thumb:

Cheers,

Jock.

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
we can get on then while on we click to refresh/read another post we suddenly cant we get a message mhf/rvoc cant be found. then suddenly we get on again. I cant run both forums on seperate tabs at the same time either, something i have always done.
few mins ago couldnt access fun but could rvoc so sent jim a message, now can access here but not rvoc.
Its driving me bonkers

and yes i know thats a prerequisite for both forums

Last edited:
Jun 2, 2010
Flintshire
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
since 2010
I could not get on all afternoon.. message on Safari saying server could not be found. Tried Firefox and Chrome ..same issue.

It has been hit and miss for a week now.??????? is just me JIM

Bob

Mines been running fine for the last two or three days but this afternoon it's been dropping in and out at will?

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
same here it is the street cred that counts

we can get on then while on we click to refresh/read another post we suddenly cant we get a message mhf/rvoc cant be found. then suddenly we get on again. I cant run both forums on seperate tabs at the same time either, something i have always done.
few mins ago couldnt access fun but could rvoc so sent jim a message, now can access here but not rvoc.
Its driving me bonkers

and yes i know thats a prerequisite for both forums

Same here.. if I refresh by going back tot he forums I get bounced off and cannot get back on for sometimes several hours... same if I respond like now 50% chance I will get bounced out.

I have dscacheutil -flushcache several time via terminal.. I have closed down safari.. tried to go via firefox and chrome.. no luck each time.. same problems.

like you driving me bonkers.. tried RVOC same issue cannot get on at all.

Bob

mike mcglynn

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jan 6, 2008
St. Helens MERSEYSIDE
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Warwick XL
Exp
A long time now
new server

Hello Jim, every time I click on home button I get an ad for parallels plesk page some kind of web system :Sad:can you help
Regards
mike

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Hello Jim, every time I click on home button I get an ad for parallels plesk page some kind of web system :Sad:can you help
Regards
mike

Hi Mike,

Sorry you are having problems. It's your web browser. It keeps copies of web pages in a cache, so rather than download a whole page every time you visit a site it serves you the pages it has already downloaded, giving you the page quicker while using less bandwidth. In this case your browser has cached a page that was displayed while we were changing servers. All you need to do is clear your browser cache. If you don't know how to do it this link will show you click Hope this helps:thumb:

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
Bet your glad your not going to do this again for at least 3 years Jim.
Thanks again what ever you did the other day sorted the problem i had out have been able to tab browse both forums ok for the last day and 2 nights, and go in chat

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Bet your glad your not going to do this again for at least 3 years Jim.
Thanks again what ever you did the other day sorted the problem i had out have been able to tab browse both forums ok for the last day and 2 nights, and go in chat

Yes I won't be in a hurry to do it again::bigsmile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back