Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
It does not send me a email if i have posted on a thread.
I usually recieve a mail---motorhome fun ect ect

Thanks, I am working on mail right now. The new server is not sending any. Which means new Funsters are not getting their confirmation emails:Doh: We'll get there:roflmto:

Sheriff

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 3, 2010
Wales
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
6 yrs
I am on the garage old cronk of a computer and it was straight on but Jim I have tried nearly everything for my computer in the house , deleted so much that was to do with m/fun flushed the whatsit turned the puter off and rebooted so many times, and still nothing boo hoo but just seen about the router so will go and try that now

(I am using chrome, but have also on my puter, thunderbird and mozilla and explorer , have deleted all cookies in each )

Kath on Johns login n puter

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
I am on the garage old cronk of a computer and it was straight on but Jim I have tried nearly everything for my computer in the house , deleted so much that was to do with m/fun flushed the whatsit turned the puter off and rebooted so many times, and still nothing boo hoo but just seen about the router so will go and try that now

(I am using chrome, but have also on my puter, thunderbird and mozilla and explorer , have deleted all cookies in each )

Kath on Johns login n puter
Well wished I had remembered about the router bit - would have saved a few hours trying to get it right :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

But hey ho its working

Thanks Jim and Gromett

Kath back on her own computer in the house :thumb::thumb::thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Hi Jim

site working nicely and pages load fast .. just one issue,

I couldn't upload picture attachments to a thread , tried twice with same failure

The website encountered an error while retrieving Broken Link Removed. It may be down for maintenance or configured incorrectly.
Here are some suggestions:
Reload this web page later.
HTTP Error 500 (Internal Server Error): An unexpected condition was encountered while the server was attempting to fulfil the request.

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Hi Jim, I've just upload an attachment, please try again, thanks:thumb:

Hi Jim

site working nicely and pages load fast .. just one issue,

I couldn't upload picture attachments to a thread , tried twice with same failure

The website encountered an error while retrieving Broken Link Removed. It may be down for maintenance or configured incorrectly.
Here are some suggestions:
Reload this web page later.
HTTP Error 500 (Internal Server Error): An unexpected condition was encountered while the server was attempting to fulfil the request.

Attachments

• thumb.jpg
    thumb.jpg
    3.6 KB · Views: 17
Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
I can t get in with computers only smartphone . At the moment. and in spite of à nap i am just fed up . I guess i hate computers even more .orange can find you obviously but not my server Alice . Smartphone gets me crazy with its so sensitive keyboard so right now i give up catch you sometime bye for now !

Amicalement

Frankie

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
Hi Jim

Logged on and waited for yonks to no avail with the message about the new server being all I could see. Just clicked on the Home tab in the top LH corner and hey presto, as if by magic I'm in woooooooooooohooooooooooo
:thumb:

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
I have just come straight on as normal,(but faster), without flushing anything. :Smile:

Nice one Jim. :thumb:

Cheers,

Jock.

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
got on earlier then off

I flushed.. closed router down .. got on then .. went off site and next time I logged on I was back at square one... flushed again and shut everything down and again could not get on.. left site to do some other work.. came back got on????

OK confused now.

Bob

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I flushed.. closed router down .. got on then .. went off site and next time I logged on I was back at square one... flushed again and shut everything down and again could not get on.. left site to do some other work.. came back got on????

OK confused now.

Bob

Don't be confused Bob, its got nothing to do with your machine, It can take a while for the new name-servers to propagate around the world, depending on the route your ISP/router takes on its way here.

DNS Propagation is the time it takes for changes you make to your DNS to begin to take effect. Due to various levels of caching, changes you make to your DNS will most likely not take immediate effect. When a nameserver change is made on a domain it can take 4 to 24 hours for the DNS changes to propagate to all networks around the world. Your Internet Service Provider may also have caching periods that can delay the change from reflecting in your browser.

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
I could not get to the new server using the Default DNS setup, auto DNS, on my talktalk router. Changed it to point at google dns servers and found the new site straight away.

Lunarman

How do you do that? i got on fun no problem this morning but couldnt get on rvoc though, used my dongle in the end to access rvoc, this afternoon have had to use my dongle to access both sites as for some reason my router keeps sending me to the old site even though it was fine with fun this morning.

May 10, 2012
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Don’t own one.
Exp
Since 2006(1986 VW T25)
finally got on after trying for ages even flushed and whatever else Jim said to do, but no matter i can now see the site. Thanks again Jim and Grommet.

Jan 4, 2012
somerset
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato
Exp
A few years now
Thanks to jim for sorting it out.
I am testing now to see if i get a mail reply for replying on a thread :thumb:

Xan

Free Member
Sep 25, 2012
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
I'm new
Hmmm, can't upload a profile pic. 120 x 117 jpeg under 10kb.

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
Just got up and looked into the mail issue. Have you received your emails now?

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Flushed my dns (without using harmful chemicals) but my laptop still can't find you lot.

My Nokia has no trouble...

JJ

PS. Just disconnected the laptop from the work wi-fi and logged on through my Vodafone Mobile Wi-fi. Straight on! Now will swop back to the work connection and see what happens...

Last edited:

paulmold

Free Member
Jun 15, 2009
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
7 year (25yrs a tugger)
Got on the new server straight away this morning on my Samsung Galaxy but taken until now, 6pm to get on with my laptop (Bt internet, NE Wales on IE)

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Hi Jim not having a lot of luck with my Virgin router still showing old server. Using Firefox but have also tried IE same outcome. I have flushed, cleared and rebooted without any success. Not an immediate problem as I will be away from tonight and tethering from my S2 which has adopted the new server without any problems. If you have any ideas would be grateful otherwise I will go through the clearing flushing resetting process again on Monday.
Thanks
Buttons

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
chatroom Not working yet though

Proper Job no trouble finding it. Chatroom not up and running yet though

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
Found another way to be with you.... used my smartphone as a router... and here I am on my netbook. Not as easy as on my laptop but much much less stressfull than the smartphone keyboard ! I can't cope with such sensitive buttons . Each text takes me ages . Anyway ...I hope my laptop will find the new server sometime. Portugal and France don't have a lot of English motorhome forums afficionados... so if no one makes searches , then it's going to take a lot of time . I asked Roger to send me the link of the latest thread to try to get in that way but ....nope! Nothing but the old server showed up. I then found it through french searches via google and found it but it was in french even if i was clicking on "stop translating". I then entered my user name and password in the french version and ..... got back to the old server
In a way it was funny to read Alan (laneside) thread in french... and Maggie (chatter called Bavardage for the occasion!:ROFLMAO:) could talk like a frog .....:roflmto:

Ah well , less pressure now as the babies have gone home but it was really hard to try to find you with them doing all sorts of silly things !!

I don't know if my phone will cope with the chatroom , but i might give it a try!

See you there may be!

Amicalement

Frankie:Smile::Smile:

Last edited:

electricscott

Free Member
Nov 23, 2010
Buckden Marina
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
3 year
not sure if this has been reported:
home screen click on chat room (on left) new tab has only white screen:cry:
other links seem to work although i haven’t checked all of them

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
A question for you techie people.

Do Funsters with SOGs get onto the new server quicker?

JJ :Cool:

SOGs = Silly Old Gits Sad Old :ROFLMAO:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back