Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
but then so am I, and you will know I'm being truthful when I tell you this!

12 years ago when we bought this house, I bought a kettle to go on the gas because the place was a complete wreck it had to be rewired and re plumbed and rebuilt inside, so we sort of made do here whilst we were working with the camping cooker in the kitchen to make a brew. We had smallish camping kettles, but this was a proper kitchen-sized one, 2 or 3 litres I spose.

Jokily, it was a dark green kettle because that's the accent colour the kitchen would be and lo, it was eventually - but then of course we moved in with the elec kettle and that one got consigned to the back of a corner cupboard never to see the light of day again - until we bought the motor home last year, when I went Aha! - and fished it out again.

Last trip I boiled it to dry and Pete said the other day, better bring that in and clean it. I lovingly cleaned it today and it was all nice again. I put some water in it today and broght it outside - the van needed topping up with water, brought that and a jug full. Left them both outside on top of the wheelie bin, which is flat. When I came back there was more water on the bin than in the thing - leaking all round the seam around the bottom.

So I have had to chuck it, and do you know - I'm really sad! - that ruddy kettle had so many memories ...... :cry:

bigfish

Free Member
May 20, 2009
Eastleigh, Hants
Funster No
Exp
8 years, but had caravans & Tents before that
could have used it for a small plant pot, :thumb::thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
A little bit left of Middle England
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988
Hmmm...lie down on the couch please, Ms Sedge.

Now tell me, how long have you been experiencing unusual attachment to objects?

Did your mother throw out your favourite teddy bear when you were 5 years old?

Did you father sell the family car you had so many pleasurable outings in when you were 7 years old?

Oh dear, I'm afraid that you will need years and years of therapy.

My charges are only £500 per hour.

Please make the next 30 appointments with my receptionist on the way out....

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

DESCO

Free Member
Mar 11, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
18 years +12 years tugging
Hi sedge

You think you have problems, we still have the no. plate from our first motorcycle and sidecar, from more years ago than we care to remember. It sits proudly in a cabinet and nothing would induce us to part with it.

Dave :thumb::thumb:

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
A little bit left of Middle England
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988
Hi sedge

You think you have problems, we still have the no. plate from our first motorcycle and sidecar, from more years ago than we care to remember. It sits proudly in a cabinet and nothing would induce us to part with it.

Yes...but....a kettle????? :ROFLMAO:

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Never mind Sedge.. I mean, they do say green is an unlucky colour.. and look what happened to that kettle !
After just 12 years it started leaking after merely being boiled dry .. Terrible that is !!

Dave.. Think it must be something about outfits and number plates.
I still remember the number of my first rig in 1966... OXR 885

Sadly the plate its self is now lost but will take the memory to the grave

wivvy's dad

Free Member
Jun 22, 2010
Funster No
MH
Transit LWB Hi-Top PVC
Exp
On and Off since '98
Hmmm...lie down on the couch please, Ms Sedge.

Oh dear, I'm afraid that you will need years and years of therapy.

My charges are only £500 per hour.

Please make the next 30 appointments with my receptionist on the way out....

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Err, I can therap you for £100 per hour, plus our special August offer - buy one, get one free

John & Joan

Free Member
Mar 30, 2010
Darlington
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
10 years this time
but then so am I, and you will know I'm being truthful when I tell you this!

12 years ago when we bought this house, I bought a kettle to go on the gas because the place was a complete wreck it had to be rewired and re plumbed and rebuilt inside, so we sort of made do here whilst we were working with the camping cooker in the kitchen to make a brew. We had smallish camping kettles, but this was a proper kitchen-sized one, 2 or 3 litres I spose.

Jokily, it was a dark green kettle because that's the accent colour the kitchen would be and lo, it was eventually - but then of course we moved in with the elec kettle and that one got consigned to the back of a corner cupboard never to see the light of day again - until we bought the motor home last year, when I went Aha! - and fished it out again.

Last trip I boiled it to dry and Pete said the other day, better bring that in and clean it. I lovingly cleaned it today and it was all nice again. I put some water in it today and broght it outside - the van needed topping up with water, brought that and a jug full. Left them both outside on top of the wheelie bin, which is flat. When I came back there was more water on the bin than in the thing - leaking all round the seam around the bottom.

So I have had to chuck it, and do you know - I'm really sad! - that ruddy kettle had so many memories ...... :cry:

Find yourself a "Tinker" and get him to resolder the joints. It worked for our Grand Parents.

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
:ROFLMAO:Don't worry Sedge, I fully understand...... It's a woman thing.

And how many of the people out there laughing at you still have the first tooth of a baby or a belly button tie from the hospital....:whatthe: What? well I only arsked.

wivvy's dad

Free Member
Jun 22, 2010
Funster No
MH
Transit LWB Hi-Top PVC
Exp
On and Off since '98
Can't find a tinker when you want one...................

And then three come along at once

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

cornishaich

Free Member
Apr 5, 2010
West Cornwall.
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
A year.
You come on here spouting of about kettles, boiling over and steaming into this missiff of yours. I bet you think you are in your element, 'arnt I the Tinker.:ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
sedge

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Men of course don't hoard, do they? they just fill entire buildings (estate agents call em sheds or garages, in our case we have both but the latter is called, by me, the (motor) Bike Shed as it's never had a car in it since the day it was built....) with Really Useful Stuff, That Might Come In. :Angry:

Whereas if we want to keep something, we are immediately termed
a) untidy and
b) hoarders. :Doh:

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
Trust me women, your better off without it. :thumb: ::bigsmile:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Hi sedge

funnily enough i remember the reg, but i dont have the plate, of my first ever vehicle....a Garelli 'sports' moped... NVN 35 M, bought new in late 1973.
every Tom, Dick and Harry had a Yamaha FS1E but i had to be different.:Cool:

OP
OP
sedge

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
A voice belonging to the chap with his head under the bonnet doing the service said, Can I have a jug of water? How much do you need? said I. Couple of litres was the response. My largest jug holds 1.5 litres so I took that full, and said kettle, which I'd given a darn good clean!!! was on the side in the kitchen waiting to go back in the van, so I put some in that and took that out to him too because I didn't know exactly how much he would need.

(And if you were thinking fresh water tank, we have had to top it up using a bucket and a bendy funnel before now! :ROFLMAO: )

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back