LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Probably works fine but pretty much over priced.. That controller is a real cheapy ( I bought several identical ones for other uses over this last summer.. The dearest was £17 and the cheapest £9.00 including post ! )

The silicone is not suitable so discount that and add a tube of Sikaflex for about a tenner.. gland £5.00, £6.00 of wire.. If your contemplating the job your self that means you are not daft when it comes to tools, so I am sure you can soon make up a few brackets ( I use a couple of bits of 50mm angled ally for one end and actually bolt the other end to the rail I have round my van .. but obviously how they are mounted is up to you :winky:

I would go for a pair of cheaper 80 w panels, a decent controller

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi mark save your money for now ::bigsmile:If you think you need one just wait and see, add a second battery first and see how you get on :thumb: you may well find that does you fine :Smile:I CAN SEE YOU FALLING INTO THE I WANT rather than NEED trap :winky: 2 batteries should last you 4 or 5 days off grid easily :winky:
terry

OP
OP
Hudders1

Hudders1

Free Member
Sep 14, 2013
Huddersfield
Funster No
MH
Ford transit
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hi mark save your money for now ::bigsmile:If you think you need one just wait and see, add a second battery first and see how you get on :thumb: you may well find that does you fine :Smile:I CAN SEE YOU FALLING INTO THE I WANT rather than NEED trap :winky: 2 batteries should last you 4 or 5 days off grid easily :winky:
terry

Your right mate just was thinking in the future that's all but the more I look into it I'm thinking second battery

OP
OP
Hudders1

Hudders1

Free Member
Sep 14, 2013
Huddersfield
Funster No
MH
Ford transit
Exp
I'm a newbie