Thinking of purchasing Fiat Luna Roadster 570SEL (1 Viewer)

T&S

Free Member
Jul 26, 2009
Funster No
Hello,
We are totally new to the motorhome experience so any advice gratefully received. We have decided to move from Camping to motorhoming.....and plan to see more of the UK.
Have been looking at a Fiat Luna Roadster 570SEL (2000 model - 2.5td) and all seems well with the general condition etc but wondering if anyone could give us any advice good or bad just to make sure as this is our first purchase.

Many thanks,
T and S

Longtemps

Free Member
Dec 12, 2008
Funster No
I have heard very mixed reports on Lunars which have a bit of a reputation as "Leaky Lunars". However as this one is registered in 2000 one would assume any probs have been sorted by now. I would still however make sure you have a damp test carried out before you buy.

Upvote 0

estcres

Free Member
Oct 9, 2007
Sunny Bournemouth
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2005
Couple of points about Fiat and Lunar:

A. Check the front cross member of the FIAT, these are very prone to rusting out. It supports the radiator and various cables etc.:thumbdown: The front cross member is easily replaced but will cost somewhere around 250 - 300 pounds unless you can do it yourself however if it is rusted out it's a good bargaining point to reduce the price.:roflmto:

B. I have a Lunar Roadstar 780, 2005 model on a Fiat Chassis and I am very pleased with it.:thumb: No real problems at all. Some of the door and locker catches are plastic and they break quite easily.

Good luck

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Paula

Free Member
Apr 15, 2008
Somerset England
Funster No
Exp
3 years
Hi
This is probably a bit later now.

We bought the same model last year. 1998/98 though. We are frist timers too. Have absolutely no complaints at all. Brill.

let us know what happened

Paula

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back