Thinking of changing the motorhome (1 Viewer)

OP
OP
lorger

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
I think I am swaying towards the Adria will have to have a good think about it over the festive season and see if any sales start in January.

Phoned Campbell's they are doing their showroom up just now so have moved all the MHs to their other depot and now closed over Xmas so will possibly pop down for a look start of year.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
If you're going to have a look round, Gerry, you might do worse than have a look at Camper NE at Birtley (not all that far from the Metro Centre). We found them great to deal with when (and after) we bought our Burstner. They're closed now until 2nd January but, from the web site, they seem to have a few vans in of the layout you are looking for.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Vlad The Impaler

Free Member
Apr 22, 2012
Rutland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2012 but longer in my dreams
Jerry if you were a true Scotsman you would not buy a new van, let someone else take the depreciation . Bide your time sell your van privately and look for a second hand van ,albeit a year or two old on the private market .TURN UP WITH POUND NOTES ,which you can't do at a dealership due to money laundering regulations.In this economic climate some people due to circumstances have to sell .keep an open mind and grab a bargain ,If you want a good van with winterisation and a good layout don't overlook the Euramobil vans if I had your dollar I'd go for a good A Class and still have change.Drop down bed ,rear double or two singles plus huge lounge.
If your quick you could squeeze in a quick trip to Italy with your Dad
Regards Vlad

OP
OP
lorger

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Jerry if you were a true Scotsman you would not buy a new van, let someone else take the depreciation . Bide your time sell your van privately and look for a second hand van ,albeit a year or two old on the private market .TURN UP WITH POUND NOTES ,which you can't do at a dealership due to money laundering regulations.In this economic climate some people due to circumstances have to sell .keep an open mind and grab a bargain ,If you want a good van with winterisation and a good layout don't overlook the Euramobil vans if I had your dollar I'd go for a good A Class and still have change.Drop down bed ,rear double or two singles plus huge lounge.
If your quick you could squeeze in a quick trip to Italy with your Dad
Regards Vlad

Thanks vlad we actually said that tonight that after the new year we will stick ours up for sale as it will give us more freedom of choice and hopefully get a better deal.
As for Italy the first thing I did was check my shift card and unfortunately I'm on nights so would need to take two off and then might not have enough left for the final :Smile:

As for the a class we do like them as well as the Adria with the drop down bed problem is we don't want anything to long so trying to fit everything in we want/need in a small van could prove difficult but we will make some compromises along the way.

Gerry

Vlad The Impaler

Free Member
Apr 22, 2012
Rutland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2012 but longer in my dreams
Gerry I noice in your thread you refer to We ,I take it that's your good lady. Well
Look into her eyes and ask her if size matters,when its raining and your couped up it does!
My first Motorhome is the one I have now its 24 ft long, me and she both drive it easily,its just a big courier van after all,the diner is always there but you can have a lounger to relax in or a big bed to sprawl on.It sleeps 6 however if it were all adults it would feel cramped.But for for 2 adults and 2kids it provides more than enough sleeping and lounging space without feeling cramped

Last edited:
OP
OP
lorger

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Gerry I noice in your thread you refer to We ,I take it that's your good lady. Well
Look into her eyes and ask her if size matters,when its raining and your couped up it does!
My first Motorhome is the one I have now its 24 ft long, me and she both drive it easily,its just a big courier van after all,the diner is always there but you can have a lounger to relax in or a big bed to sprawl on.It sleeps 6 however if it were all adults it would feel cramped.But for for 2 adults and 2kids it provides more than enough sleeping and lounging space without feeling cramped

I can assure you size doesnt matter to her :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Its nothing to do with the driving Vlad i have drove a few large vehicles in my day, its more to do with what we want, our current van is 6.2m and we find we can park it in most carparks and easy to get it parked in cities and town center's. We dont mind a van around 7m but dont see the need for anything bigger.

Apr 12, 2010
Bury St Edmunds, West Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Weinsberg Cara
Exp
since 2007
Hi Gerry, we have a "hymer starline 630" merc chassis 5 cyl turbodiesel. From your description it would fit the bill. A low mileage one like ours 24,000 miles, for around £ 30k is about right. I have seen some for sale here and there. Its a great touring machine. Powerful, incredible turning circle, and very well made.
Happy hunting.
Gillnphil

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back