Thinking of buying flash 03 or s3 - your thoughts? (1 Viewer)

cellojane

Free Member
Oct 6, 2009
Leicester
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Hi
We are a family with twins approaching their teens and a big black labrador and we're thinking of buying a flash 03 or S3 - anyone have one of these and would like to share pros and cons with us? We like canoing and cycling (yes both with dog in tow!:Doh:yes why didn't we get a small dog???) and have gotten a bit fed up with being waterlogged in the tent in Scotland the past few summers. We will be towing a trailer behind the van. We also hope to travel to Hungry next summer and use it for weekends away as well as a bit around town - probably on the supermarket run. Any thoughts?
Many thanks in advance.
Jane::bigsmile:
Ps Anyone know what mpg they get?

ClareE

Free Member
Mar 11, 2009
Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Newbie as of January 2009!
:thumb:We have 2 pre teen kids (9 and 11) and went for the slightly bigger Flash 03. Glad we did: its worth having that bit of extra length as it gives you the space to stop you all falling over each other - the side seat in the lounge, a bit more privacy for the kids in the bunk beds (hidden away behind the wardrobe and bathroom!) and the extra space in the washroom. We absolutely love our 'van - have had it almost a year now and have been away so much this year - Cornwall, Devon, Yorkshire, legoland, wales to name a few. using it for the supermarket run is a good idea - don't leave it standing too long or the battery will go flat as we found out a couple of weeks ago! we have had a few 'niggles' - the skylight has leaked a bit (but, as i always say, still better than being in a tent!) and the door of the grill fell off! All fixable, and most under warranty, just a bit irritating, we always travel with duct tape on hand!
Something I always find odd - the light in the overcab bed is away from the window end - but we always like to sleep with our heads by the window so you can wake up to whatever fabulous view you have parked by! (or spy on the neighbours:roflmto:) We find the van really comfy, very cosy at night, loads of storage, perfect layout for a family, and generally great fun. Go for it - we'll look out for you there's not too many of us Chausson people around!:thumb:

ClareE

Free Member
Mar 11, 2009
Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Newbie as of January 2009!
oops, should have mentioned I think it gets about 27 - 30 mpg (ish - depends on type of driving eg motorway vs mountains!). BUT the fab thing about motorhoming is while they eat diesel compared to the car, you tend to stay put more than you would in a car - bourne hol, or travel along from site to site, and walk lots more when you get there or take the bus or train or whatever. So i don't reckon they are as uneconomical as they sound! we haven't got a bike rack on ours yet - thinking about it though.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Caroline

Free Member
Oct 18, 2009
Funster No
chausson S3 motorhome

Hi
We are a family with twins approaching their teens and a big black labrador and we're thinking of buying a flash 03 or S3 - anyone have one of these and would like to share pros and cons with us? We like canoing and cycling (yes both with dog in tow!:Doh:yes why didn't we get a small dog???) and have gotten a bit fed up with being waterlogged in the tent in Scotland the past few summers. We will be towing a trailer behind the van. We also hope to travel to Hungry next summer and use it for weekends away as well as a bit around town - probably on the supermarket run. Any thoughts?
Many thanks in advance.
Jane::bigsmile:
Ps Anyone know what mpg they get?

We have just read your message and thought we would let you know we have a chausson S3 for sale it was bought new in April 2009 so is nearly new and would be a fantastic reduced price on buying a new one plus it has bike racks and roof racks and is fully equiped genuine reasons for selling please reply to kitkatjackson@hotmail.co.uk if you are interested.
regards Caroline

peter marshall

Free Member
Mar 5, 2009
Cleveleys,Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
9 Years
Hi I can,t help with the flash, but I have the Welcome 76 nice van, not been out much in it this year we only got it September so enjoy your purchase, and happy holidays. Pete:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back