Thinking of buying an Exsis (the original) (1 Viewer)

joggerman

Free Member
Jul 21, 2009
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Just Looking
Exp
Since 2004
We are thinking of buying an original compact Hymer Exsis, and wondered how many Funsters have one of these?
We like the length (17 feet) and width (6' 9")

Any comments, positive or negative much appreciated.

Dec 23, 2007
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Hobby Van Kenobi
Exp
started when I was 11 with my parents-forgot to stop!been real one since 1980!
I have a new Exsis I waited as I considered the original,innovative design inside but a bit ice cream van-ish from the outside. In any case its a Hymer:thumb:

Pat4Neil

Free Member
Sep 28, 2008
Essex
Funster No
MH
Mercedes
Exp
7 years
Dinger (andy and Lorraine) had an Exis and loved it, it fits into a normal parking place, its a lovely feeling concept type vehicle, not much storage. Its not as warm as say a double floor Hymer. But Iam sure he will if he sees this thread post more about it.

Pat

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Not actually owned one, but I have crawled all over the 'original' Exsis on a few occasions and I was quite taken with it.

I too liked the size and the layout, with the nice storage space under the washroom, however, I didn't like the low 'head banger' door or the bed which was claustraphobic and not the easiest to climb into, or especially to get down from, without damaging yourself in some way ... and that was without having any bedding to contend with!

I believe there were some comments about the height of it, compared to the size of the wheelbase, making it a bit top heavy and prone to being affected by side-winds and passing lorries, although never having driven one I can't confirm this to be the case.

If they had made a lower version, without the upper bed and instead utilised the seating instead, it would have been more appealing to us.

bernardfeay

Free Member
Nov 18, 2009
Bolton
Funster No
MH
hymer exsis
Exp
10 years
Mine is a 2004 model. I bought it in 2009. The big consideration was the length and the width. I like the idea of being able to go down a narrow lane and be forgiven if I shouldn't have done it.

Also good to be able to park in town in a normal parking space. We never, ever park on camp sites.

As for the van itself - love it.

Of course odds and sods do go wrong over time.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back