Thinking of buying a V 600 - any one here got one?

Discussion in 'Auto-Trail' started by Stewen, Oct 17, 2016.

1. Stewen

Stewen Funster

Hi all

any thoughts on the v series? current model now rebranded as the V600 sport - I'm not ready for brand new yet so looking at a 2015 model. Went to the NEC but they didn't have one! - only the 610 - rear lounge model. SWMBO quite likes finish and i love the look and high roof plus the good size bathroom and plenty of storage . Fridge is a compressor and a bit small at 75l but cant see anything else that could be an issue.

thanks in advance

Steve

2. funflair

funflair Funster Life Member

Is that a Bavaria?

Martin

3. Stewen

Stewen Funster

No, its ond of the Auto-Trail V line series of PVC's

• Useful Useful x 1
  4. Mr Milliemobile

Mr Milliemobile Funster

I have a v-line 620, it has a rear fixed bed. We have taken out the small front lounge seat and replaced it with storage and freeing up floor space for dogs. I am 6ft 3 and find that the high roof is excellent, no more head scrapping on ceiling. The fridge is quite small but has a freezer compartment. We added an extra 110 ah leisure battery because of compressor fridge.
    Nige

5. Stewen

Stewen Funster

Hi Nige,
    Thx for quick response!

Yes, i love the high roof and was thinking a second battery might be a good idea. We are first timers to be and prefer the idea of small sites and britstops etc . I have heard that there have been some issues with window failures, have you experienced this at all? How do you find customer service from AT?

6. Mr Milliemobile

Mr Milliemobile Funster

We have had no issues with the windows had ours for 18 months now. AT have always been helpful and quick to sort minor issues, far better than Brownhills who sold the van to us. Lin contacted them directly as they could actually answer questions and developed a rapport with colin treacher, who has since retired.

7. Stewen

Stewen Funster

Good to hear, thanks

8. Garfields

Garfields Funster

Not been able to work out why Auto-Trail cut the roof off to fit their own on the sport models that's the same height as the extra high Fiat/Peugeot they could have started with

9. ABZSteve

ABZSteve Funster

Richard Scotting is your man now. I find him easy to deal with (y)

• Like Like x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  10. Stewen

Stewen Funster

Main reasons i believe are to compensate for raising the floor so whole habitation area is level with cab floor; adding the huge opening sunroof; creating underfloor storage and improving insulation due to the double floor, & easy to route all services within the floor & create a step down into the shower cubicle minimising splash out etc ...(y)

Last edited: Oct 20, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Garfields

Garfields Funster

They could have still started with the extra high van though ?
    The big sunroof could be an issue though
    Have just always thought its a lot of work for the added value
    Different vans suit different folk no harm in that:)

12. Geofff

Geofff Read Only Funster

I have a V-Line 610. Have found the dealer to be pretty poor, but phoned Autotrail and they have booked me in for warranty work (+ hab check).
    Have had a number of issues with my van - which is 10 months old:
    Vehicle battery goes flat overnight - as Sargent panel indicates a draw of 7amps!, Gas hob will not stay alight unless I remove the knob to light it!, TV fell off the wall on first journey - due to the length of the original securing screws (1cm), drawer under cooker fell apart - due to only small staples holding it together (repaired it using wood glue!), step works sometimes and then only comes out half way!, reversing camera completely useless as it gets dirty within a mile or so - even in fine weather! shower area is too small - as the trickle demands that you run around to get wet!
    I am hopeful that the above are just teething issues, as the van is perfect for my needs. I have travelled 10,000 miles so far and am looking forward to more trips in southern europe prior to Brexit.

13. Stewen

Stewen Funster

Thx Geoff
    From what I have read about motorhomes in general, the V lines included, most suffer some teething troubles of one kind or another but once sorted they are great. I believe the Auto-trail factory aftersales service is excellent unlike many supplying dealers. Glad you are enjoying yours. We are on the cusp of buying a used V600 and if all goes to plan we could be enjoying our first motorome this time next week!

• Like Like x 2
  14. Milliemobile

Milliemobile Funster

Are you getting an awning? Depending on where and how you intend to use an awning gives a lot more space. We have a drive away air one for longer trips and a set of lilipads to use with the wind out awning for shorter trips. As space is a bit limited in ours, but we do have 3 large dogs...if you don't have dogs, yours will seem like a palace.

Lin :)

15. Warty

Warty Funster

We have a 2013 V line 600 sport. We have had it for 10 months, love it to bits. We have two 110 amp leisure batteries
    fitted. the fridge although small holds plenty and is very efficient. We have just upgraded to 3850 kg(paper exercise
    only) to enable us to fit a tow bar to install a bike rack to carry two heavy electric bikes. We have had several large vans and have gradually down sized to this and are very pleased with it.

16. Stewen

Stewen Funster

@Lin The V600 comes with a built in awning, so yes, hope to use it a lot. What are lilypads?

@Warty, having a full pre-purchase hab check done & our mobile tech is going to advise on & fit 2 new maintenance free leisure batteries. We hope to use a lot of CL's & farm type Britstops in the UK during our first year so want to be fully self contained. Small Fridge was a concern but we'll be fine I am sure.

17. Milliemobile

Milliemobile Funster

Lilipads are like windbreaks full height to fit to the wind out awning, making an enclosed space. They are windproof but allow light through, we have a set with waterproof membranes which can be rolled up. There are other similar things available as well. WP_20151102_14_40_56_Pro.jpg

Not the greatest lookers but good functionality.

Lin :) WP_20160527_15_35_01_Pro.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  18. Stewen

Stewen Funster

Looks a great idea! Thanks Lin

• Like Like x 1