Thinking Of Buying A Rimor Europeo 69+ (1 Viewer)

nobby &noo

Free Member
Jun 12, 2015
kent
Funster No
MH
burstner t star 695
Exp
since 2010
can anyone advise me of any problems or things that i might of over looked on this mh

Mar 3, 2013
Poole
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Friends have this model and fits 2 250 motocrossers in the garage. We have an Autoroller 797 as we prefer to tow our bikes and then use the van for holidays, ski trips etc. The Rimors are very popular at mx and our friends have had no problems with either vehicle or build. I am presuming you race looking at your avatar so check garage size carefully to make sure it meets your requirements. Another option is the Burstner with a garage.

OP
OP
nobby &noo

nobby &noo

Free Member
Jun 12, 2015
kent
Funster No
MH
burstner t star 695
Exp
since 2010
I do race at the moment but this year is going to be my last.We like the idea of the island bed and the separate shower and toilet.The garage would maybe used for a scooter but mainly for storing all the bits (windbreaker,loungers awning sides etc ). As it is based on the fiat i don't see a major issue with that just wanted to know if there was any common little things that irritate people like no cup holders as standard etc.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mar 3, 2013
Poole
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
I think most vans have little bits that can initially be irritating but there is often a compromise. We are our 3rd van and have made changes to the interior to suit our needs. I haven't heard from our friends of any major problems.
P.s you are definitely too young to give up....my hubby is 52 and
racing vets and he loves it. :)

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
First thing is do NOT believe the payload it will more than likely exclude certain items and once they are included (water, driver etc) you'll find you have hardly anything left. Insist on a genuine weight certificate, stating the exact state of the van at the time (fuel amount etc) so you know for sure. Also Rimor insist on a 6 monthly damp check on all of their MHs so make sure you can get this done near you and not have to pay through the nose for it.

We used to have a Rimor Sailer 645TC based on a twin rear wheel drive Transit - lovely and brilliant quality but the payload wasn't good and it was long at nearly 7.3m excluding the bike rack. We changed it because of the length and payload issue, otherwise I don't think we would have at that time.

I've had a quick shuftie at the photos for the 69+ and my initial view is that the hob would drive me nuts! There's no way you'd be able to get a frying pan on with anything else ... make sure you check stuff like this out.

OP
OP
nobby &noo

nobby &noo

Free Member
Jun 12, 2015
kent
Funster No
MH
burstner t star 695
Exp
since 2010
thanks for the replies. Michelle i hope your hubby has many more years racing, i am giving up because i have athritus in both hands and have trouble holding on but if it wasn't for that i would still do it.The wife and i love going away for the weekends and sitting around chatting,the pre 83 125 group in which i race is a great series with a lot of great people The next few rounds see us at Ford, Combe Martin,The Ken Hall and Pontrilas with going to watch at farleigh castle aswell

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back