Thinking of becomming a fulltimer (1 Viewer)

Joe666

Free Member
Oct 9, 2016
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Looking for one
Exp
Hi guys, I am a 50yr old single woman and the plan has always been when I retire buy a motorhome and clear off to travel. I now find myself at a bit of a crossroad after a few life changes. I am looking to sell up and become a fulltimer. Are there any fulltimers in the Suffolk area who would like to meet up and let me pick their brains with a few queries? I work so the plan is to stay fairly close to work but when I get time off and holiday I can go explore. Any advice gratefully recieved. Many thanks in advance x

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
I don't know about local FUNsters but there are loads of threads on here about fulltiming if you do a bit of searching.

There are lots of problems, like an address and insurance, toilet dumps, power, water.

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Hello Welcome to Fun, we have a lot of full time and solo Motorhomers on the forum, the perfect place to do your research, regarding which motorhome to choose pay load/ lay out / insurance etc. be aware that you only get 5 free posts then if you become a full member £15 a year you will have the answers to all your questions at a click of the finger. Good Luck your not alone many have made the same decision and would not go back to bricks and mortar.
:welcomesign:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Bart

Free Member
Jun 4, 2016
Northern Ireland
Funster No
MH
Boxer L4H2 van build
Exp
Since 2016
Hiya and welcome , GL in your new venture :)

Sep 22, 2014
Suffolk UK
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Duetto
Exp
Since 2014
Hi Joe666 :pink: I am not a full timer but do live in Suffolk. As already mentioned the Fun site is a mine of information, ask and someone will have a sensible answer.

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
:welcome3:

From a fulltimer. Yes there are compromises and problems with fulltiming, it is not plain sailing like being on a holiday. I only planned to do it for 2 years.... I am now heading towards 8 years and have no plans of stopping. I love the lifestyle and the downsides are no longer an issue just different ones to what I had when I had a house.

Good luck if you do decide to do it. Ask as many questions as you want on the forum there are a bunch of us on here who are more than happy to help.

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
Hi @Joe666 welcome to the fun hope it all works out for you motorhomeing is great you'll get lots of help and advice on the forum good luck and enjoy.

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
Hi and welcome to the Fun from another full timer. :welcome3:

Not in Suffolk but I full timed as a solo female for over 3 years. No longer solo but still full timing. ::bigsmile:

Any questions, just ask away. That's the beauty of the forums - you don't have to be 'local' to get answers. :Smile:

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
:welc:look you've had twice the welcome due to my internet cutting out.:LOL:

Zepp

Free Member
Jun 22, 2008
Roaming
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 Years
Hi and welcome

You will get alot of advice on this forum from members who have done it or are still doing what you want to do.
I would work out your budget and where can you stay ie campsites cl or cs in the area you are working before you make the jump also what motorhome you want to buy.

You will get alot of help from members just ask away

BONZO

Free Member
Mar 1, 2012
Rotherham
Funster No
MH
Kon tiki 30ft
Exp
IMG_0205.GIF
HI AND WELCOME.JOHN N LINDA
GO TO HAVE U ON BORD .

PORKSTER

Free Member
Sep 15, 2009
Sussex coast
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
learning
Go for it I think many people will be trying this option as houses become too expensive I envy @ianthebuilder living in his van no bills mortgage etc. Im just a wage slave until the mortgage is done with then we plan to try long term travel fingers crossed.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back