Think we stumbled across a dogging site. (1 Viewer)

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
While out in the new forest the weekend we were looking for a nice quite place to stop an have a shower for the night ...I know before any of you start jumping all over me regarding camping in the new forest but anyway. .we were near Bolderwood and spotted this car park in the forest, away form the road about quarter of a mile..time was about 9.45pm, within 10 minutes of us being there a car pulls up with s guy and a woman...both in their 50s an park right opposite us puts his window down and just continuously stares our way, at first me thinks he is a local who dont like motorhomers etc, after ignoring his advances he drive's off, my Mrs came out the shower an I tells her about him then i jump in the shower, while in he comes back and within 10 minutes...it's now about 10pm and another 5 cars, vans turn up and they're not young people, they are all just looking our way and at one another, these were middle aged men late 40s to early 50s...this area is out in the middle of nowhere, no shops, pubs , nothing at all, they were either drug dealers of swingers me thinks an i wasn't hanging around to find out lol...one to put in your diary if your into any of that lol
Perhaps they thought you were the MH lady from Sheffield selling her wares!!!:LOL:

Sep 23, 2013
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2008 (started in a VW T4 campervan)
Perhaps they thought you were the MH lady from Sheffield selling her wares!!!:LOL:
Erm, aren't you a MH lady from Sheffield?

The subtle difference maybe between the M/H lady from Sheffield & a M/H lady from Sheffield.

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Erm, aren't you a MH lady from Sheffield?

The subtle difference maybe between the M/H lady from Sheffield & a M/H lady from Sheffield.
Oops yes I am but it's not me who plys my trade in it I just have holidays in mine!!:LOL:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
Couple of mile before the slip from Southbound A1 to Peterborough Services, where we used to do driver changes, there is a long lay-by, much loved by (mostly Foreign) drivers who will never pay for the services. Some years back I was doing Night Trunk work, You had to be very careful of the road between there and the slip-road, as the "Ladies of the Night", would walk on the Verge/road edge. One night my mate almost ran one down, Dressed in dark clothing the silly cow was just about invisible!.

Stretto Boy

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2016
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2011
I'm going to take some of my blood pressure tablets and have a lie down. This is too much excitement for me! :p

May 29, 2013
Tyneside
Funster No
MH
Chausson best of Flash 10
Exp
Several years now

cruiser

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 12, 2012
northampton
Funster No
MH
coach built elddis 400
Exp
since 1978
Oh dear @movan . I can provide the blanket and the cuppa. And the old man. But I am missing a cat. LOl. Will a dog and a parrot do.. :D:D

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
On a more serious note and as a solo traveller ... these folks can be quite intimidating. It's the stares that scare me .. like something out of that horror movie where the alien schoolkids can read the teacher's mind .. and sort of glazed. I have had to pack up and move even on a sunny summer day when stopped for a cuppa as these weirdos stand by the front window staring and staring and staring in at you.

It gets me angry. People can do what they want but when it starts affecting other people's lifestyles it's out of order.

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
On a more serious note and as a solo traveller ... these folks can be quite intimidating. It's the stares that scare me .. like something out of that horror movie where the alien schoolkids can read the teacher's mind .. and sort of glazed. I have had to pack up and move even on a sunny summer day when stopped for a cuppa as these weirdos stand by the front window staring and staring and staring in at you.

It gets me angry. People can do what they want but when it starts affecting other people's lifestyles it's out of order.
I think you are reading too much into it @movan , they appear to stare because they are attempting to look through tinted windows into a dark area. They are just being nosey wondering what a motorhome looks like inside. If it were me I would go out for a chat and invite them in.:)

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
I think you are reading too much into it @movan , they appear to stare because they are attempting to look through tinted windows into a dark area. They are just being nosey wondering what a motorhome looks like inside. If it were me I would go out for a chat and invite them in.:)

And I think you might be in for a shock young man!

They are staring in at me trust me. My front windscreen is a clear one .. and they (men) stand legs astride with hands on hips staring in as I move around inside.

Oh
..when you invite them in ... please let me know how you go on with the one who was completely starkers except for his baseball cap. It should be quite amusing.

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
And I think you might be in for a shock young man!
They are staring in at me trust me. My front windscreen is a clear one .. and they (men) stand legs astride with hands on hips staring in as I move around inside.
Oh
..when you invite them in ... please let me know how you go on with the one who was completely starkers except for his baseball cap. It should be quite amusing.
I have been camping for lots and lots and lots of years in all sorts of places yet never come across a naked man in a baseball cape strutting his stuff at my window. This type of behavior has got to be fairly rare.. definitely not the norm.
I did once park on a Spanish car park with some strange things going on outside but found out later that it was the local gay pick up area.:(

Dec 24, 2014
Hurstpierpoint. Mid Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Compass Navigator
Exp
Ever since lighting was by Calor gas.
Yes ... and don't know what Evertonian @Busman would think .... it was a RED one .. not BLUE . :)

EDIT: The cap
You need to have a larger one to print 'Liverpool' rather than 'Everton' on it.

Might be fun to wild camp at
Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch

:eek:

Last edited:

cruiser

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 12, 2012
northampton
Funster No
MH
coach built elddis 400
Exp
since 1978
I am sorry @movan . I did not think you would not recognise me if I did not wear my cap. and the stare was because you had a drink in your hand. LOL

Louis

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 29, 2016
Anglesey
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auotrail
Exp
6 Months with motorhome(35 years tugging)
You need to have a larger one to print 'Liverpool' rather than 'Everton' on it.

Might be fun to wild camp at
Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch

:eek:
Yes it will :party2: When???

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
..please let me know how you go on with the one who was completely starkers except for his baseball cap.

Police Officer: "..and can you tell me what else the man in the baseball cap was wearing madam?"
Movan: "I didn't have my glasses on at the time, but whatever it was it needed ironing."

I suppose one clue that you're on a dogging site would be seeing them sniffing each other's backsides as they arrive.

Dec 24, 2014
Hurstpierpoint. Mid Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Compass Navigator
Exp
Ever since lighting was by Calor gas.
Chalk 'n sniffing (480x348).jpg

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun