Think we stumbled across a dogging site. (1 Viewer)

GeriatricWanderer

Free Member
Feb 1, 2015
Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso, just cos I can!
Funster No
MH
Pop-Top Campervan
Exp
45years
While out in the new forest the weekend we were looking for a nice quite place to stop an have a shower for the night ...I know before any of you start jumping all over me regarding camping in the new forest but anyway. .we were near Bolderwood and spotted this car park in the forest, away form the road about quarter of a mile..time was about 9.45pm, within 10 minutes of us being there a car pulls up with s guy and a woman...both in their 50s an park right opposite us puts his window down and just continuously stares our way, at first me thinks he is a local who dont like motorhomers etc, after ignoring his advances he drive's off, my Mrs came out the shower an I tells her about him then i jump in the shower, while in he comes back and within 10 minutes...it's now about 10pm and another 5 cars, vans turn up and they're not young people, they are all just looking our way and at one another, these were middle aged men late 40s to early 50s...this area is out in the middle of nowhere, no shops, pubs , nothing at all, they were either drug dealers of swingers me thinks an i wasn't hanging around to find out lol...one to put in your diary if your into any of that lol

Probably Millywood Bridge 50.86921 -1.62052

Another is Pig Bush 50.84411 -1.48645

Both dogger's spots but also both very nice places to overnight (quietly). Arrive late, leave early. Don't leave a mess.
I've spent around 30 nights at various parking places in the forest without being asked to move. Obviously off-season is best.

KeithChesterfield

Free Member
May 20, 2015
Stand Road Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Since 2010
:swear2:
At work some of our sites are way out in the Country and down deserted lanes. It's not unusual to find a car rocking with steamed up windows on the entrance to the site. I have to go in so I go and knoock on the window of the cars. Usually it winds down a bit and I get some abuse, so I say to them, "OK I'm phoning this in as a possible terrorist vehicle, the cops with guns will be here in about 10min, are you OK to wait for them?" They always seem to want to leave then !! Wonder if that would work if the people shagging were actually cops ?

It was you who disturbed me, wasn't it!

Stopped in mid stroke I was.

Miserable git!

You could have waited a few minutes.

:swear2::swear2::swear2:

EX51SSS

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
North Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis A Class
Exp
since 2007
Probably Millywood Bridge 50.86921 -1.62052

Another is Pig Bush 50.84411 -1.48645

Both dogger's spots but also both very nice places to overnight (quietly). Arrive late, leave early. Don't leave a mess.
I've spent around 30 nights at various parking places in the forest without being asked to move. Obviously off-season is best.
Is that best for doggin or camping?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 29, 2013
Tyneside
Funster No
MH
Chausson best of Flash 10
Exp
Several years now
:swear2:

It was you who disturbed me, wasn't it!

Stopped in mid stroke I was.

Miserable git!

You could have waited a few minutes.

:swear2::swear2::swear2:

Could have been, were you the guy in the pink mini skirt, pink leg warmers and wearing a gas mask ?

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
I always seem to pick them.. I get fed up having to keep all my blinds drawn.... oh and having to remove the large smiley fun sticker out of my bedroom window!

I once went to meet a stranger in a Li verpool car park from our breast cancer club called Bressie Mates ... I knocked on several car windows asking 'Are you looking for Joy?' before I understood the shocked expressions as they shook their heads.

EX51SSS

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
North Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis A Class
Exp
since 2007
I always seem to pick them.. I get fed up having to keep all my blinds drawn.... oh and having to remove the large smiley fun sticker out of my bedroom window!

I once went to meet a stranger in a Li verpool car park from our breast cancer club called Bressie Mates ... I knocked on several car windows asking 'Are you looking for Joy?' before I understood the shocked expressions as they shook their heads.
That's probably a slight improving from saying 'are you looking for fun?'

cruiser

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 12, 2012
northampton
Funster No
MH
coach built elddis 400
Exp
since 1978
There is one at the end of the M45 motorway. I had to park up there one night in the truck. All I can say some of them looked in a very sorry state. But there is a very good van selling food there during the day..

EX51SSS

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
North Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis A Class
Exp
since 2007
There is one at the end of the M45 motorway. I had to park up there one night in the truck. All I can say some of them looked in a very sorry state. But there is a very good van selling food there during the day..
Ha ha, well done cruiser. Don't tell em which end.

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Couldn't resist Googling it. Can you only watch if you bring a truck?

Screenshot_20160724-205542~2.png

Jabberwocky

Free Member
Aug 14, 2015
Yeovil
Funster No
MH
MWB coach build
Exp
I'm a newbie
I used to live just up the road from Cartgate picnic area on the A303, known locally as Cartgate dogging area, always seems to be a few MH in there when I drive past.

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
On a serious note this is worrying. I have always felt safe in a layby if there were trucks or motorhomes ... now it doesn't look like that is the case. :(

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
On a serious note this is worrying. I have always felt safe in a layby if there were trucks or motorhomes ... now it doesn't look like that is the case. :(

"Only what I have heard"..
BUT I think you can go online and find "lists" of sites. ;)
Maybe get one and then you know where to avoid.. (y)

:rofl::rofl:

EX51SSS

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
North Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis A Class
Exp
since 2007
In essence, any dark place is there for the taking. With the proliferation of cctv then countryside is the obvious choice, not just doggin but 'lovers'. There's not that many on here (waiting for the obvious 30,000 disagreements) that haven't had the odd fumble in a car or van, late at night in some dark area away from prying eyes. They might get a peeping tom, so would that constitute a doggin site?

ambulancekidd

Funster
Sep 23, 2014
Ayrshire Scotland
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki 640
Exp
Since 1964 Gosh that makes me feel old.

I am very much inclined to agree with you there. Lets face it, this behaviour can make it scary for muckle big guys like myself when wild camping, so from a lone female perspective it must be your worst nightmare. I can only hope that most councils eventually install CCTV in carpark's, CCTV has become a relatively inexpensive way of policing remote area's & we all know how policing has been cut in recent years. It'd be a crying shame to be unable to enjoy wild camping.

DanielFord

Free Member
Jun 1, 2013
Funster No
I haven't read all the way through this thread, but if it is the car park that I suspect, then yes it was a dogging site, and no I wont tell you how I know! :)

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
I think I might get a dog(y)

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Think it's time I got a cat, a blanket, a cup of cocoa and a very old man..... I'm not up to all this excitement on this thread. :(

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
Think it's time I got a cat, a blanket, a cup of cocoa and a very old man..... I'm not up to all this excitement on this thread. :(
Well, you can't say it's not informative! :whatthe:

Wyn

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back