Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
I regularly ( and I mean regularly) hit my head on the overcab bed in the van.

I occasionally smack it on the rear overhead cupboards.

I always bash it on the wing mirrors when I check the front tyre pressures .

I never used to hit my head on things before we got the van, and now I am starting to think that senility isn't to do with age, it's to do with motorhome ownership and knocks on the bonce.

Anyone else a serial head basher?

EX51SSS

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
North Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis A Class
Exp
since 2007

I never used to hit my head on things before we got the van, and now I am starting to think that senility isn't to do with age, it's to do with motorhome ownership and knocks on the bonce.

I did it once! SWMBO did it twice but she's a tough nut but once was definitely enough. I'm allergic to pain.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

EX51SSS

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
North Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis A Class
Exp
since 2007
the wife is the chief edhiter in this house:LOL:
And never try to contradict her
images_9.jpg

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011

Yes nearly all the same places as you plus the top of the garage door opening as it's quite low(n):D:D:D

OP
OP
Chris

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Yes nearly all the same places as you plus the top of the garage door opening as it's quite low(n):D:D:D

I had forgotten that one.

The latch holding the door up gave way one day as well and the door crashed on my head

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Regular as clockwork I hit my head on the overhead locker just inside the door. Keep my shoes under it and everytime I bend down to get em Bang right in the forehead.
Sure all these bangs on the bonce is what turned me into a village idiot.:eek:
Was almost normal before we got a van;)

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
My Chausson had a front cab trim that I used to catch my head on a lot getting into the driving seat. Got fed up with that and sold it. Bought the new Hymer and in the night, EVERY time I sat up in the rear beds ,banged my head on the damn cupboards over the bedhead!!!!! Too damn low and big.
I now retreat to the front drop-down bed, where there is nothing to bang, but you fall to your death getting out in the night for a Percy session, if you do not remember to stand on the table and miss it instead.

RowleyBirkinQC

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 20, 2014
Dazed & Confused
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2007
Domestic Management is genetically programmed to leave cupboard doors open, as it is of no material consequence or danger to her vertically challenged disposition.
Conversely, I tend to detect the traps she has left behind in her wake with my noggin.

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Dunno about hitting my head on but sometimes I feel im hitting it off a brick wall when I chat to Alan and have to repeat it 3 times before he gets it.:LOL:

EX51SSS

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
North Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis A Class
Exp
since 2007
Dunno about hitting my head on but sometimes I feel im hitting it off a brick wall when I chat to Alan and have to repeat it 3 times before he gets it.:LOL:
Pardon?

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
My head is battle scarred from causing skin removing collisions on my head.

The main culprit is the top of the hab. door as I leave the 'van. Because there are two steps down, I regularly 'forget' to duck as I descend.
The main reason is because I am bald!!! The lack of hair means that there is no 'early warning' of being close to the crunch. It's been proven that cats have the same problem if their whiskers are removed. They've made a study and cats can't get through narrow places without colliding with the edges.
However, despite the pain and suffering I ain't buying or wearing a syrup.

EX51SSS

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
North Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis A Class
Exp
since 2007
My head is battle scarred from causing skin removing collisions on my head.

The main culprit is the top of the hab. door as I leave the 'van. Because there are two steps down, I regularly 'forget' to duck as I descend.
The main reason is because I am bald!!! The lack of hair means that there is no 'early warning' of being close to the crunch. It's been proven that cats have the same problem if their whiskers are removed. They've made a study and cats can't get through narrow places without colliding with the edges.
However, despite the pain and suffering I ain't buying or wearing a syrup.
Yes I saw that but the whiskers adjust to suit the cats body style. Has yours done the same?

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
I have not even got any idea how, but I often clout my bonce on the overhead cupboard to the left of the Hab entry door as I get in..
Last time ( after the pain went away a bit ) I tried to work out how the hell I did it.. Nope.. No idea !

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
The difference is that the cat's eyes are behind the whiskers and it can look in the direction of travel.
I haven't managed (as yet) to get to see the top of my head!!!

Deleted User
All the above and I have a 5th wheeler with a locker under the front and lots of low ironwork and a battle scarred bald bonce:(

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
Another place is the cross-members (two)in the garage, I get in a straighten up a bit plenty of room then go forwards and bang, the cross-member..Hymer make them very sharp edged to catch the unwary. Miss the first and the second one will get you.

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
Things you hit your head on....

Headboard... Table Leg....Settee Arm.... Coffee Table.... TV Stand .... Jardineer... Kitchen Table Leg... Kitchen Chair Leg.... door on Washing Machine... :Eeek:

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Not something I do regularly although I'm sure once I reach your advancing years it might happen. I did however walk into my dads garage door 2weeks ago, his garage is an old wooden one with the door being around 5ft 6 high and the crossbeams inside the same. My dad opened the door and walked in I followed and smack my head and all he said was I've never done that, maybe because he's 5.2 and I'm 6.1 :).

It was agony and to make matters worse once I'd straightened up and eyes stopped water I continued to walk in the garage and done the same on the crossbeam, so now have two lumps and the funny thing is my dad said I've never done that either. :)

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
On the Exsis always hitting my head on the stupid center cupboard between the rear beds where it sticks out further than the other cupboards, also sometimes on the rear cupboards if sitting up to quick in bed and sometimes on the front drop down bed. As Graham says those garage cross members are really painful.

Only had the DL a day a vast improvement, all the rear cupboards are in line and more clearance above the bed. With the taller van and the flat double floor throughout my head clears the front bed. The garage is a lot higher been in it twice and not hit my head.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Another place is the cross-members (two)in the garage, I get in a straighten up a bit plenty of room then go forwards and bang, the cross-member..Hymer make them very sharp edged to catch the unwary. Miss the first and the second one will get you.
Put some pieces of pipe insulation on them ... (y)

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
We often bash our bonces on the locker over the bed :X3: ... but not for the reason you may think!

Globecar designers in their wisdom thought it was a good idea to put a window at the head end so to sit up against it you squish the blind and it's not comfortable anyway, consequently we sleep the wrong way round with our feet at that end instead and our head under the low overbed locker ... oh what fun it is when trying to get up in the night and 'bang' followed by expletives so the rest of the camper's occupants know what you've done and you can hear them trying to stifle their giggles ... even the dogs! :D One night there was an almighty 'bang' and I thought we'd been hit by something ... hubby had decided to get up to go to the loo and forgot he was in the camper bed .... I'm sure the locker was nearly knocked off!!! :D2

Of course there's the usual head bang on the storage area above the cab as we go through from the rear but fortunately after a few days we've remembered to duck!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back