Thieving Scum (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter Deleted member 29692
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Well. I never thought it would happen to me, especially in this village and now it has.

We were all out in various places last night and I got a phone call from a neighbour saying I've found your dog wandering around. I just thought oh he's done a runner when 'er indoors went out and she didn't notice.

I came straight home, collected the dog and went into the house. The first thing I noticed was the back door open and the kitchen window wide open so thought she'd gone out and left everything open.
Then I noticed the mess inside, obviously not caused by the dogs. It's never the tidiest house but it's not that bad!
The other dog was shut in the dining room and quite scared so I don't know what they did to him. He's OK this morning though.

The bastards had turned the place upside down but from looking downstairs didn't appear to have taken anything - TV, iPads, laptops etc all in their normal places. I went up stairs and our bedroom was the worst. They'd had a real go in there but the high value items were all still there. Although probably not thinking 100% straight it didn't appear they had taken anything.

By this time Nicola arrived home and had a look round. She noticed that the motorhome keys and spare car keys were gone along with a small amount of cash. Bugger.

The police responded quickly along with a SOCO and did their stuff really well. The motorhome is in secure storage so I wasn't worried about that but they advised me to put the cars somewhere else, preferably not in the village for the night. We did this so they are both safe and sound somewhere secure.

This morning has been spent on the phone to four different insurance companies so now I need a beer! The house insurance was the easiest - engineer coming today to repair the window they forced to get in and also change the front door lock. My car was quite straight forward - it's being collected on Monday and Nicola's will go on Tuesday or Wednesday both for replacement lock sets.

The motorhome on the other hand isn't going to be so straightforward. We're going to set the alarm off when we eventually get into it so I have instructions about how to at least partially shut it up. The Fiat key code is, usefully, locked in the van where I can't get at it so we're going to have to get the Rapido key code, order a new hab key, get into the van, get the Fiat code, order a new ignition key then it can be moved wherever the insurers want to move it to to get a replacement lockset.

We're booked to be away over New Year so Plan B is to hire another MH so we don't have to cancel that.

All in all it could have been worse - the dogs are OK, nothing of real value is missing and there's no real damage. The inconvenience of it is bloody annoying though to say the least.

Hey ho, never mind. I'm going to the pub tonight. (y)

big map

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 8, 2009
Poole
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2009
Absolutely awful situation for you all but at least no one was hurt. Hope they manage to catch the little shits.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Nicknic how terrible for you thank goodness your dog is ok and sorry about all the mess and work for you . Hope they catch the Scroats.... Have a drink or to and try not to have sleepless nights :(

Last edited:
Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
Had ours done last year, terrible feeling. It was done when we were away in hired motorhome and I don't think that was a coincidence but couldn't prove a thing of course
My late dad's watch was the hardest to handle. Other stuff could be replaced.

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
Hope they rot in hell.
Do they realise what stress and anguish they cause???
What goes around will come around.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
What a major pain. I normally keep the MH keys in the house safe but not always - must do so from now on all the time.

The spare set were in the safe along with the spare car keys.

Seeing how easy it appeared to be to open it I won't be bothering to replace it.

Tincataylor

Free Member
Jul 9, 2012
Devon
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Never leave a campsite with your clothes line tied to a lamp post.
I know this will be of little comfort to you but the person / people who did this to you are not relatively happy folk like you and I. They are scum, and they know it. There is little happiness and joy in their lives. Any happiness they experience is as a result of dugs or alcohol. As a result of the former their prognosis for a healthy happy life is next to nil. And I for one could not be happier for them,

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
These people have nothing to lose knowing they are very unlikely to get caught. They cost us all a packet one way or another.
Hope you're sorted soon.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Thanks everyone

They didn't actually take anything of any great value - just the keys and about 50 quid in cash as far as we can see. It's just the aggravation and the insurance renewals x 4 are going to be a sod.

appydaze

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 12, 2009
southend on sea essex
Funster No
MH
Merc high top
Exp
20 years
Allways seems that these things are more relevant around this time of the year, as if the bastards are collecting for Christmas. Thank goodness no real harm was done but I am fuming for you. :mad:
Happy Chrismas
:xThumb:.

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
Itinerant's burgled us and luckily only took the keys for my works van but the hassle over door locks, garage locks, listing valuables missing was a three week nightmare so I feel for you. Through their own stupidity the were caught and jailed so hopefully the scroats that burgled you might also be caught. Seems most have got the stupid gene in them.

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
oh dear sorry to hear that..even if not much taken it changes your attitude regards to where you live. happened to us years ago. Dont let it ruin your break!

Daveo2006

Free Member
Jan 25, 2013
kent
Funster No
MH
Apache 700
Exp
3 years
Sorry to hear your bad news, absolute filth. I have heard so many stories like this in the past that my keys always go in a big old safe that i bought for documents in case of burglary or fire. I get told I'm ott about it at times but i don't think I'm gonna get a look at any thiefs diary. I hope this is not to hard to get over and lets hope they get served their just desserts.

andy63

Free Member
Jan 19, 2014
south shields
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
since 1990
Read the post and there isn't much to add to what's been said...
It's the real inconvenience it causes you and family sorting out the consequences of the break in and knowing they have been in your house...
Hope you get everything sorted with as little hassle as possible.
Andy.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Sweepstake time:

How long is this lot going to take?

The procedure for getting the MH back in service is going to be as follows:

1. Get temporary replacement hab key from Rapido agent
2. Use this to get into the MH and get the vehicle key codes from where I shouldn't have left them.
3. Order temporary replacement ignition key from Fiat
4. Either get the AA to program this replacement key on site or just use it to release the steering lock and get the van recovered to a Fiat garage.
5. New vehicle/chassis lockset and immobiliser recoded at a Fiat garage
6. New hab door/lockers lockset at a Rapido dealer

Charlie

Free Member
May 16, 2015
Herefordshire / Worcestershire borders .
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Kemerton.
Exp
Im a newbie
I think a really good Automotive locksmith is key here . There are some excellent ones that would get you up and running pretty soon .

Good luck with it !

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
I think a really good Automotive locksmith is key here . There are some excellent ones that would get you up and running pretty soon .

Good luck with it !

Two different jobs and the replacements have to come from two different places, the ignition has to be coded and the insurance company are paying for it all so it doesn't really matter.

I'm thinking I'll be happy if it's all sorted for our February half term trip (y)

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
They didn't actually take anything of any great value - just the keys and about 50 quid in cash as far as we can see. It's just the aggravation and the insurance renewals x 4 are going to be a sod.

Very strange. Why would anyone do this ? Is it personal ? Or did they do the wrong house ?

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Really sorry to hear this, what have they achieved nothing, but the trouble it had caused for you unbelievable, hope you can get it sorted, so pleased your dogs are alright and I pads etc not taken, makes you think though what kind of mindless morons walk amongst us.

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
Go and check the van It may in secure compound but they wanted the keys if they left everything else and just took them. Disable something Wheels off or the like.
My friends farm with caravan parking was gone into and the P***s were seen on CCTV but were after on particular caravan. They came over the fields to avoid the gateway check, with a 4X4 and were going to go out the same way when they were seen on camera The van owner had been burgled like you, for the keys to the security locks etc

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back