Thieves are about. Worcester (1 Viewer)

Mar 31, 2015
WORCESTER
Funster No
MH
Autotrail 660 merc
Exp
SINCE 2012
friend of mine that lives just 500 yards away had his roll out awning stolen.
Off his bessacarr.
Thay unscrewed the ends then pulled, levering a hole 6"-7" round in middle of van.
He's not happy. :mad:
Even though the last time he used it the wind turned it inside out and it needed replacesing.
When he reported it to police another 4 vans around Worcester have been tampered with.

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Shows the level some thieves will go to. Nothing nailed down nowadays.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Only as strong as it's weakest point. I was in Norfolk when an outboard motor was stolen from a boat. The motor was chained and padlocked to the wooden stern section. The thieves used a chain saw to cut the outboard from the stern taking a lump of boat with it......:(

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
My son had his cycle stolen - along with the shed wall and the lump of concrete the bike was chained to.

Daft thing was they took the cheap bike he never used and left the expensive one. It was recovered but so badly damaged. Some moron had cut through the frame to remove the security chain.......

sewinlynne2

Free Member
Jul 21, 2013
Saron Dyfed
Funster No
MH
Elddis Riva GT Gold 175
Exp
since November 2016!!!
Used to happen a lot with small boats moored in isolated harbours. I built a stainless steel plate into the transom on mine, sandwiched between 2 wooden boards. It came in useful a couple of years later when a thieving b'stard tried to steal my outboard - ruined his chainsaw and he left some blood behind-poor thing.

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Used to happen a lot with small boats moored in isolated harbours. I built a stainless steel plate into the transom on mine, sandwiched between 2 wooden boards. It came in useful a couple of years later when a thieving b'stard tried to steal my outboard - ruined his chainsaw and he left some blood behind-poor thing.
There IS a God. :)

fleurette

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2012
worcester
Funster No
MH
A Class Frankia I640 SD
Exp
What area in Worcester did it happen??

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
My son had his cycle stolen - along with the shed wall and the lump of concrete the bike was chained to.

Daft thing was they took the cheap bike he never used and left the expensive one. It was recovered but so badly damaged. Some moron had cut through the frame to remove the security chain.......
Perhaps he wanted the security chain!:whistle:

Dorset wanderer

Free Member
Oct 9, 2016
Blandford Forum
Funster No
MH
Geist Liberty Low Profile
Exp
since 2007

Got their DNA then

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back