They're having a Larf (1 Viewer)

Charlie

Free Member
May 16, 2015
Herefordshire / Worcestershire borders .
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Kemerton.
Exp
Im a newbie
At the time of booking the OP was happy with the date they had chosen and the price they (/Tesco) had paid I assume? Therefore, if they now want to change ( again their CHOICE) then there is an admin fee to do this irrespective of any ticket prices.

Eurotunnel is not forcing the OP to travel a day early. No different from changing any travel ticket be it flights, ferries, trains or coaches. Cake and eat it springs to mind

Yes I do understand.. And agree..

This is a no win situation. Yes its fair to feel a wee bit aggrieved at the charge but if its in the terms and conditions then its suck the lemon time.

bartiny

Free Member
May 23, 2010
Accrington, Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2008
[QUOTE="emmitdb,it isn't the price of the ticket you are swopping from that they take into account ie £250+ to £120-, it's the price of the ticket YOU PAID.???

FWIW I think the key point is the price you paid, not what it costs paying full price.

So how much of the £250.00 did you pay.

Sorry if I have "got hold of the wrong end of the stick":D[/QUOTE]

:whistle:

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
We do at least two return journeys a year with Eurotunnel using Tesco vouchers.

Because of family circumstances we sometimes have to change our return date.

We never consider it an imposition for Eurotunnel to charge us a bit more on occasion. ( it doesn't happen every time).

Eurotunnel have kept their part of the bargain. It is us who have changed the original agreement.

If you don't want to pay, don't change the booking.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

big map

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 8, 2009
Poole
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2009
Just turn up early Eurotunnel will probably let you cross early and if they dont you have lost anything

OP
OP
Emmit

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
I find that pretty insulting.

If the T&C's say there is a £40 surcharge then either pay it or don't change, your crossing date.
Don't start moaning just because their rules don't suit you.
Just because the ticket price is higher on the day, that does not mean that they sell any at that price.
The company is not a charity it's there to make money, so if someone books at the last minute they have to pay a non discounted fare, or not travel.

You got the discounts for early booking, but now you want to change your crossing a the last minute and still expect to get the early booking discount.

:cooler:
It can't be insulting to make a statement that is self decracating. Just because I live in Cornwall doesn't mean I'm Cornish.
Lighten up.

mariner

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 21, 2013
Isle of Dogs, but mostly Artola Spain.
Funster No
MH
Caravan
Exp
Since 2007. But no more.
It can't be insulting to make a statement that is self decracating. Just because I live in Cornwall doesn't mean I'm Cornish.
Lighten up.
The bit I found a bit insulting was this,

"And Bacchus. Shame on you. Your version of economics is what got this great country of ours in money trouble in the first place"

Especially as @Bacchus was IMO right.

JFD

Apr 9, 2015
Crawley Down, West Sussex, UK
Funster No
MH
Pilote Aventura G730
Exp
since 2014!
Have you tried making the change online? I ask because a few years ago, we got stuck in France with a broken down car, which was fixed/broke again/was fixed/broke again, and each time we phoned to change our Eurotunnel booking, they charged us a fee. After we finally got the car 'fudged' to work, we drove up to calais, and used a wifi connection to change our booking again and, voila, no change fee!

Maybe, if you change it online, they may even give you a credit for the reduced cost!!

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
They do , They are called eurotunnel !
It isn't a 'surcharge' its just the difference between the payment made originally, in this case £80 and the cost of the new crossing at £120, therefore £40 to pay. I've sometimes altered our ET crossings over the phone and normally have a few quid extra to pay but I don't leave it too close to our out/in dates ... as with all travel, the closer you get to the date the more it will usually cost to amend.

You can't amend bookings made using Tesco voucher online, they have to be done over the phone.

Someone asked about only being able to book a return crossing using Tesco vouchers - that's not the case - the only stipulation is that the first, or only, crossing must be from the UK, so you can do a single from the UK, or a return, but not a single from France.

mariner

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 21, 2013
Isle of Dogs, but mostly Artola Spain.
Funster No
MH
Caravan
Exp
Since 2007. But no more.
It isn't a 'surcharge' its just the difference between the payment made originally, in this case £80 and the cost of the new crossing at £120, therefore £40 to pay. I've sometimes altered our ET crossings over the phone and normally have a few quid extra to pay but I don't leave it too close to our out/in dates ... as with all travel, the closer you get to the date the more it will usually cost to amend.

You can't amend bookings made using Tesco voucher online, they have to be done over the phone.

Someone asked about only being able to book a return crossing using Tesco vouchers - that's not the case - the only stipulation is that the first, or only, crossing must be from the UK, so you can do a single from the UK, or a return, but not a single from France.

It is a surcharge, it is an additional charge or payment, based on the current price at the time requesting the change.
That is a surcharge, by definition!

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
It is a surcharge, it is an additional charge or payment, based on the current price at the time requesting the change.
That is a surcharge, by definition!

We have a different view of a surcharge ... to me it is a 'fee' of some sort in addition to the cost fo the actual article, not for the article itself (ie train ride) - such as a surcharge for fuel as the ferries used to make which was actually a separate charge to the crossing itself.

Ginge3685

Free Member
Jun 5, 2014
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
K
What a load of prissy argument over the economics of a ticket price.... if this is Motorhome fun I think I'll stop my membership..... get a grip guys and gals!!!!!!!!!!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back