Thetford Toilet

Discussion in 'American RV's' started by martyn, Sep 7, 2007.

1. martyn

martyn Read Only Funster

Hi everybody,firstly i must apologise for any mistakes,as i`m new to computers,anyway i have a problem with my toilet.It keeps flushing and we have to switch the water pump off to stop it.I assume there is a switch or relay to control the water when the flush pedal is pressed,I can`t seem to see how to get into it or how to remove it (no obvious nuts/ bolts /screws )holding the toilet in place,any suggestions would be appreciated.Forgot to mention it`s in a 1990 Tiffin Allegro.:Confused:

2. superk

superk Read Only Funster

Is the trap closing properly or is it there something in there :Eek!: stopping it closing?

If you click on >>this<< it will take you to Thetfords website where you can download the manual if you know the model you have if not check a few out to get some clues. (You need a programme called ADOBE to download the manual if it's not on your computer you may be asked to accept it - do this it's quite safe).

If all else fails take your RV to East Coast Leisure, 27 Yardley Business Park, Luckyn Lane, Basildon, SS14 3GL but don't say I sent you because they probably won't be keen on doing an American RV and particularly a toilet even though the boss knows all there is to know about RVs and own a new 40-footer himself. If you're nice to them they may give you the advice you need.

K

3. martyn

martyn Read Only Funster

Thanks for your help,will try that,regards,Martyn