Thetford toilet user guide and chemicals (1 Viewer)

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
Not by ours - hate them! Sorry couldn't be positive about this but unless a brush is cleaned thoroughly afterwards (not a nice job) they aren't hygienic. Brush could possibly scratch plastic bowl too.
Agree with that. Just lifting it up and looking at the state of these type of brushed tend to make me heave. Fine at home where a squirt of bleach in the holding bowl keeps it reasonably clean, but you can't use that method in the motorhome.

BTW - like the idea of the Parazone wipes and will try some

BreweryDave

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2011
Alvor, Algarve
Funster No
MH
None now!
Exp
I will happily supply you all with Bowl Liners. I think they're a wonderful invention, second only to Thetford Blue (which is also a great bargain) and I don't know how I ever had a poo in the MH without them.
Please deposit the required money into my bank account, and I'll send you the items direct from my warehouse in the Cayman Islands.

upload_2014-7-24_14-15-1.jpeg

.....that was easy - now to sit back, take all your money, and retire early - whilst thinking what else I can get people to buy that they never knew they needed:roflmto::roflmto::roflmto::roflmto::roflmto:

Oh - I know!!! Special pants with a 'poo chute' for accurate aiming:rofl::rofl::rofl: I'll put happy bowl liners out of business overnight:cool:

Apr 9, 2013
Ayr
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Judging from some people's posts they must have well trained ....... bowel movements shall we say. Do you use bomb aimer's sights?? Does nobody ever have a good curry or lots of garlic when they are motorhoming? Not everybody exudes rabbit pallets. Some of us are more like cows. Need any more detail???????

Put it this way I would never be without our happy bowl liners and they are worth every penny.

I bet it never occurred to Thetford (or Armitage Shanks), that anyone would have a hang-up about getting poo on their loo. :LOL:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
Maybe it's just a girl thing as we are normally the ones that clean up everyones sh*t :p
Not so with us. It is written into the contract I had to sign before being allowed to buy the motorhome that I have to deal with all thing "thetford".

I do not have too much problem dealing with poo. But I look at it this way. A happy liner costs about 15p and takes 5 seconds to "install". Cleaning the loo (to my wife's standards) after I have used it will take me 1 or 2 unpleasant minutes and about 10p worth of bowl cleaner. Each takes about the same amount of water. If you don't agree with those figures I invite you to try doing it at the next rally I attend!

So overall 5p very well spent.

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
Don't waste your money on chemicals.
Just empty every day.
As for toilet liners, just criss cross some small lengths of toilet paper, and flush into cassette below when finished.
Not a 10 second flush though lol

Sep 12, 2012
Wengen
Funster No
MH
A/S Broadway EL 2021
Exp
Since 2010
Gosh, you learn something new every day (y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
Happy bowl seems an expensive substitute for the traditional cross of bog paper. You can buy a lot of bog rolls for £7. (at least I think you can, I have staff to buy stuff like that)

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
Sainsburys cheapest bio powder. Never had a smelly cassette.
I don't bother with any fancy extras, as far as I'm concerned once you've seen one pile of sh** you've seen it all. Wiped too many bums in my life to be prissy about it. After scraping excrement from the back of a child 's neck ( one nappy for 24hours) everything else is a picnic.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back