Thetford toilet repairs manual (1 Viewer)

Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
I think my Cassette leaks a little from the seals when full and carried in the upright position :censored:
Got the manual on how to repair / replace seals but just can't bring myself to go putting my hands inside and start feeling around for bits.
So I'm going to treat myself to a new one - just because I deserve it (y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

mid4did

Free Member
Sep 29, 2012
N.somerset
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp R 655 GT
Exp
started in a minivan 1970's when I could fit into it.

denisejoe

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 6, 2014
Warden isle of sheppy
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2004
I think my Cassette leaks a little from the seals when full and carried in the upright position :censored:
Got the manual on how to repair / replace seals but just can't bring myself to go putting my hands inside and start feeling around for bits.
So I'm going to treat myself to a new one - just because I deserve it (y)

you don't need to put your hands inside to replace a seal. Depending on which toilet you have it's lever 2 covers off; undo 6 screws; take old one out and put new one in.

Joe

David27

Free Member
Mar 13, 2016
Audlem, Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Class C
Exp
since 2014
Sorry senior moment. If you are going to recommend someone for helpful service with a smile at least you can do is to get their name right. www.Bradtech.ltd.uk. I bought a complete replacement mechanism which I replaced in about 30 seconds for about £36. David

Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
you don't need to put your hands inside to replace a seal. Depending on which toilet you have it's lever 2 covers off; undo 6 screws; take old one out and put new one in.

Joe

It's a c200
Maybe I'll look again
The video I saw put me off doing it !

Feb 5, 2014
mid-Norfolk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 2006

Joe

There are 6 screws under the lift off covers PLUS the 2 screws which are clearly visible ;)

If, like me, you need to remove the blade (circular black disc which slides backwards & forwards to allow detritus to fall into the holding tank) then the Thetford video shows someone inserting a hand and removing a white plastic bit. I found it helps if you remove the vent plug as you can see the clips which hold it onto the yellow section: lever off the white bit rather than squeezing the clip from inside (y).

It's all part of the fun - Gordon

PS I'll happily accept any unwanted cassettes for renovation o_O

denisejoe

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 6, 2014
Warden isle of sheppy
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2004
When you order it make sure you get the right one as there is a Pre and and Post 2000.

Joe

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back