Free Member
Dec 1, 2013
south ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Fiat 15 CI Carioca
Exp
since 2003
Hi guys, still having probs with the swivel Thetford 250 cs and still can't get it to flush. There is a 12.6 volt supply going to the double pole single throw flush switch and the 3.5 amp fuse in the cassette compartment is good. I haven't been able to find a wiring diagram showing where the wires coming and going from the flush switch do (what they activate etc.) and their relevant colours - emailed Thetford asking for this but as yet no reply. I see from an exploded diagram there is a micro switch which detects if the cassette is in place (prevents flush if cassette is out) but don't know where this micro switch is located. Really could do with help on micro switch location and how to remove it - a wiring diagram would also be very helpful - any help or suggestions would be much appreciated, dru.
ps 12 volt power is on and water tank is half full and pump is switched on with all taps supplying water.

FULL TIMER

Free Member
May 31, 2012
NORWICH
Funster No
MH
SELF BUILT IVECO 75E17
Exp
BEEN BUILDING THEM FOR 32 years
Before stripping anything have you actually got 12v at the fuse in the compartment, there is probably another fuse in the supply to the toilet,

OP
OP
D

dru

Free Member
Dec 1, 2013
south ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Fiat 15 CI Carioca
Exp
since 2003
thetford

Thanks for reply - yes have 12.6 volts at the fuse located at the left side of the cassette compartment as you look inside, suspect there may be another fuse at the micro switch which inhibits flush (only a guess) if I could only find the micro switch!! dru

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

JeanLuc

Free Member
Nov 17, 2008
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B630 Star-Line
Exp
Since 2007
In the earlier C200 model, there is an electric valve hidden away under the revolving pan. This is known to fail from time to time and has to be replaced. Perhaps your model has the same? Have you looked on the Thetford website for instructions? They have an excellent download section.

http://www.thetford-europe.com/download-category/toilets/

spitfire

Free Member
Oct 13, 2010
Correze France
Funster No
MH
Bavaria
Exp
Since 2003
Sorry if this sounds too simple but is the cassette pushed properly in place . I had same issue ! Not flushing and the answer was as simple as the above !! :ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
D

dru

Free Member
Dec 1, 2013
south ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Fiat 15 CI Carioca
Exp
since 2003
thetford flush

Thanks for replies - the 250cs doesn't have a circuit board under the flush switch it's a simple double pole single throw switch which I've taken apart and tested and it works ok. I connected it back in cct without all the fancy plastic round it and it works as it should but still no movement from pump and it looks as if there is no power to the electric valve (solenoid) as when the flush switch is activated there is no sign of a volt drop - if I knew what wires powered the electric valve I could put 12 volts into it from an independent source to see if the valve was working before taking the whole toilet apart - I'm still trying to find info on location of this micro switch that inhibits the flush when no cassette in place - unfortunately it's been chucking it down all day and couldn't get near it. thanks again to all, dru.

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
http://files.flipsnack.com/iframe/e...=window&bgcolor=EEEEEE&t=13898551051389851563
page 47 has an exploded view looks like the cassette is detected by a reeed switch which i assume means theres a magnet secreted in the cassette which triggers the reed switch to make the circuit
it going to be a case of following the wires i would assume live comes in via the flush switch and feeds the solenoid valve via the reed switch so that you cant flush with the cassette out looks like there a second reed switch to light the cassette full light

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
just thought why dont you work back wards wire the solenoid direct to the known 12v suppiy see if it works then you say you have proven the switch works and if the solenoid works its some thing in between

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back