Thetford S.E.S. Fridge (1 Viewer)

S

stagman

Deleted User
I have a Thetford s.e.s fridge fitted to my Autotrail . S.E.S. stands for smart energy selection , not so smart as far as I am concerned . Before leaving home we set it on 240v so as to get everything nice and frozen in the freezer box . The drinks are nice and cold in the Fridge . 5hrs driving to Dover , Freezer has started to de frost water dripping all over the food in the fridge .
Over to France Temp outside 30 to 40deg C . Fridge on Gas ok but nothing special , wine not cold enough , on 240v not that better .Freezer useless . Read instructions . If Fridge does not reach it,s proper temp in 49hrs it will automatically defrost . Everything soaking in fridge and freezer ,and food thrown away . Do not get it any ideas out there .Can I do away with the automatic de-frost .Anyone else had problems with these Fridges , Thanks

Munchie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
We had similar problems with our Thetford SES. Turned out to be a faulty thermostat, repaired under warranty and now fine. :thumb:

OP
OP
S

stagman

Deleted User
I have a Thetford s.e.s fridge fitted to my Autotrail . S.E.S. stands for smart energy selection , not so smart as far as I am concerned . Before leaving home we set it on 240v so as to get everything nice and frozen in the freezer box . The drinks are nice and cold in the Fridge . 5hrs driving to Dover , Freezer has started to de frost water dripping all over the food in the fridge .
Over to France Temp outside 30 to 40deg C . Fridge on Gas ok but nothing special , wine not cold enough , on 240v not that better .Freezer useless . Read instructions . If Fridge does not reach it,s proper temp in 49hrs it will automatically defrost . Everything soaking in fridge and freezer ,and food thrown away . Do not get it any ideas out there .Can I do away with the automatic de-frost .Anyone else had problems with these Fridges , Thanks

Any other ideas .

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 9, 2008
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
LP Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2008 after caravanning for 20 years
I had a new card fitted under warranty, mine wouldn't smart select. Maybe there was a bad batch of cards?

Bill

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back