Thetford S.E.S. Fridge

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by stagman, Sep 24, 2009.

1. stagman

stagman Deleted User

I have a Thetford s.e.s fridge fitted to my Autotrail . S.E.S. stands for smart energy selection , not so smart as far as I am concerned . Before leaving home we set it on 240v so as to get everything nice and frozen in the freezer box . The drinks are nice and cold in the Fridge . 5hrs driving to Dover , Freezer has started to de frost water dripping all over the food in the fridge .
    Over to France Temp outside 30 to 40deg C . Fridge on Gas ok but nothing special , wine not cold enough , on 240v not that better .Freezer useless . Read instructions . If Fridge does not reach it,s proper temp in 49hrs it will automatically defrost . Everything soaking in fridge and freezer ,and food thrown away . Do not get it any ideas out there .Can I do away with the automatic de-frost .Anyone else had problems with these Fridges , Thanks

2. Munchie

Munchie Funster Life Member

We had similar problems with our Thetford SES. Turned out to be a faulty thermostat, repaired under warranty and now fine. :thumb:

3. stagman

stagman Deleted User

Any other ideas .

4. WillH

WillH Funster

I had a new card fitted under warranty, mine wouldn't smart select. Maybe there was a bad batch of cards?

Bill