Free Member
May 7, 2015
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Concorde Charisma
Exp
Since May 2015
We'll be travelling back to travelworld to have our oven fixed - this will be our third attempt at getting the problem sorted and I'd like to ask if anyone else has had the problem we're having.

The problem is that the gas lights and stays on for approx 10 mins then clicks and goes out. I felt that it was the thermostat but travelworld said it was the cooling fans and replaced both. On the first use the oven did exactly the same as before and cut out. Is there anything else it could be other than the thermostat?

Landy lover

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2009
Zummerzet
Funster No
MH
27ft Eurolight
Exp
Camping Caravaning now 5'ering 49 years
Seem to remember a very similar thread to this a while back ??

What model oven is it

OP
OP
Southdowners

Southdowners

Free Member
May 7, 2015
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Concorde Charisma
Exp
Since May 2015
Yes, I posted a while ago about the oven (a Thetford OG72000). I still have the problem and don't want yet another wasted trip to the dealers as they're hundreds of miles away from us.

If there's something other than the thermostat that could be wrong I'd like to be able to mention it to the dealer.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Southdowners

Southdowners

Free Member
May 7, 2015
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Concorde Charisma
Exp
Since May 2015
Good point Colin. We did ask Travelworld to send someone to us as we've been up to them twice for the same issue and they said their engineers weren't mobile :rolleyes:. I'll contact Thetford tomorrow. Thanks for that!

Deleted User
I know another funster had a problem with a Thetford oven going out and the problem was a faulty thermocouple.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 21, 2011
Up’t North West
Funster No
MH
coach built
Exp
I've just had a look at Thetford website. Looking at their dealer/service agents Travelworld MH's are NOT shown as agents in Telford so be careful what you say to Thetford. Look at their warranty statement. You can take your MH to any dealer/service near you.
Colin

Al-Di

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 15, 2014
prestwich
Funster No
MH
Eura Mobil A Class
Exp
since 2013
ours is a smev and did same thing,

Thermocouple, cured it,