Thetford No5 locker door

Discussion in 'Tech/Mech General' started by buckby, Jul 12, 2014.

1. buckby

buckby

After taking the motorhome for an habitation service I was told I had high levels of damp under the kitchen window then told to keep an eye on it here's me thinking that's there job.
    After being in Anglesey last week and having heavy rain for a day I opened the locker and found it wet inside when I got home I went on the internet and re searched the problem.
    I found that you could not take the door apart and the water was coming out the door so today I took the door of and the only thing I could do was silicone it on the outside panel.
    Normally this would look a mess but what I did is silicone around the panel then force the silicone in with my finger then use hand wipes to remove the excess silicone door still looks genuine just need some rain to see if it works hope this might help someone.
    Kev
    Ps last time I pay a fortune for a habitation check and do the work my self.

2. Geo

Geo Trader - Funster

Your hab check is just like your Mot test
    its an inspection with a report either written or verbally
    You then have to authorise and pay for repairs if you want em doing
    Just like the Mot
    G

3. buckby

buckby

Hello Geo went past your place earlier today thought you might be out in that big thing this weekend yes I know were your coming form but it woul only take a few minutes to investigate it and let me know what it is after paying £600 for a hab serice oil change and mot plus being charged for a habitation battery strap after only buying it last year battery straps usually last longer than that

4. Johns_Cross_Motorhomes

Johns_Cross_Motorhomes Trader - Motorhome & Accessory Sales

£600 seems a bit excessive for that

Peter

5. buckby

buckby

:crying:Tell me about it