Thetford N180 Dodgy internal light

Discussion in 'Fridges & Ovens' started by hashers2, Mar 3, 2015.

1. hashers2

hashers2 Read Only Funster

We have a Thetford N180 fridge freezer on our Autotrail. The interior light has started playing up. Sometimes it comes on when door is opened, sometimes not. It doesn't matter what power source we are on. I have checked the bulb and holder and all seems fine. I can't find an activation switch as in normal domestic fridges so have no idea what activates the light.
    Anybody?

Regards

2. tonyidle

tonyidle Funster

Most likely to be a reed switch - two blades in a glass tube that attract each other when a magnet is brought near (like the window switches for alarm systems). They don't usually give trouble so I'd replace the bulb for a start. Bulbs can work intermittently if the filament breaks.

3. FULL TIMER

FULL TIMER Read Only Funster

had loads of trouble with ours in the caravan a few years back, never did get everything working right absolute piece of crap in my opinion ,replaced twice, constantly replacing the mains heating element and various sensors, there is a parts diagram here http://www.leisurespares.co.uk/files/n180_ees_low_resolution.pdf but from memory it's a fridge out job,