Free Member
Mar 5, 2009
Cleveleys,Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
9 Years
Here's one to test you, it's a bit long winded so I will try and keep it as short as I can :Sad:.
We have the Thetford with a seperate freezer compartment with the automatic change over system between 12v gas and mains, while we was in Spain for 3 month it started to act up.
It has a blue light which is static when all ok :thumb:, and flashes when not and a spanner shows on the lcd display with a number of the error (most of which say see the dealer :Doh:) first of all the light went off but the fridge was still working ok :whatthe:, then it came back on after about 2 weeks for a short while then went of again, on the way back through Spain to the ferry we stopped for 2 nights at haro, there the fridge stopped working, the blue light was on and no spanner showing but not working :Sad:, since we have been home it is now working as it should be ie cold fridge, freezing freezer and a static blue light, I made arrangments to take it to the dealers but cancelled it because all they will do is plug in and tell me it's working:shout:, any ideas will be much appreciated :Smile:. Pete

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
could be a glitch on the PCB.
not sure how the pcb is connected but if by multi pin type connecter it may have worked loose with vibration and just need firmly pushing back in.

aba

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
dec 2009
could it be spanish mains by chance???

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Could be any one of the above,personally I would go along the lines of Spanish campsite electricity. Do you use a polarity tester by any chance whilst abroad, some sensitive electrical devices don't like having there polarity the wrong way round and its very easily done with European two pin plugs.

OP
OP
peter marshall

peter marshall

Free Member
Mar 5, 2009
Cleveleys,Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
9 Years
Could be any one of the above,personally I would go along the lines of Spanish campsite electricity. Do you use a polarity tester by any chance whilst abroad, some sensitive electrical devices don't like having there polarity the wrong way round and its very easily done with European two pin plugs.

Hi Snowbird
Yes we do us a polarity tester, we also tried it on gas while we were in Spain. Pete

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back