Thetford Fridge problem (1 Viewer)

Jan 10, 2013
Near Uttoxeter and Crete
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL PVC
Exp
Still trucking and learning
The fridge works fine on ehu and gas but when travelling and I switch it over to battery it doesn't appear to be working ('cos the blue light is flashing). I have tried only switching it over when the engine is running and I've also tried turning the temperature down just in case it's trying to tell me that it can't reach the top cooling setting on battery, but neither makes any difference. Can anyone suggest what the problem might be? We are fairly new to motorhoming and not very tech/mech minded so there might be a fairly obvious answer that we're not aware of. This is urgent because by the time we arrive on site there is no ice for my vodka!
Many thanks.

FULL TIMER

Free Member
May 31, 2012
NORWICH
Funster No
MH
SELF BUILT IVECO 75E17
Exp
BEEN BUILDING THEM FOR 32 years
Sounds like the fridge is not getting a 12v supply whilst engine is running , most likely a blown fuse or a failed relay,

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
The manual says you must check your fuse and 12 volt supply.
If that fails its a workshop job but I suspect it might be the 12v element. We have had one go on ours.:Sad:

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
check the simplest and cheapest points first. is the relay cutting in and supplying 12v? if not is the fuse blown?

good fuse but no 12v at the fridge would be a relay or connector fault.

relay is only around £5 so check and change this. its always good to have a spare as they do burn out

if youve got 12v to the fridge from the battery (not the control line) then it may well be the 12v element. it starts getting complicated from here on, but you should have a fault code

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

peter marshall

Free Member
Mar 5, 2009
Cleveleys,Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
9 Years
Hi
I might be sounding a bit daft here :Doh:, Is your's an Auto or Manual turn over, if so is it changing on Auto or are you changing it on Manual, just a thought. Pete :thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back