Thetford Fridge Freezer in Hymer Exsis-No Display & Not Working (1 Viewer)

Nov 5, 2011
Gironde, France
Funster No
MH
A-Class
Exp
5 years
Hi,
We have a 3 way Thetford Fridge Freezer & lost the display & power this evening. Normally it is automatic & switches between hook-up, gas or 12v. Zilch on the display & not working.

Maybe coincidentally we had a Snipe sat fitted recently & have been having problems with it. Tonight the Snipe control panel completely lost power.

Sounds like a fuse-anyone any idea where the fridge fuse might be?

Time for a hunt through the manual in daylight I reckon, & maybe a trip to a dealer.

joncris

Free Member
Jan 11, 2011
Where it matters
Funster No
MH
Rimor Katamarano 12p +
Exp
We also have a Thetford Fridge so remove the outside small plastic panel that's adjacent to the fridge then remove the fuse wait a minute or so then put fuse back. You should then find its working.

Apparently its a well known problem which may or may not happen again

OP
OP
DrRogerRam
Nov 5, 2011
Gironde, France
Funster No
MH
A-Class
Exp
5 years
Thanks, I'll check it when it gets a bit warmer later & I can disconnect the hook up-seems wise! Sharp frost last night.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
Might be best to check the fuses on the Electrobloc, which I assume is what your Hymer has.
The chances are that the satellite system was connected to a circuit which wasn't capable of taking the extra load, hence the blown fuse and no satellite or fridge!
Has anything else stopped working?

OP
OP
DrRogerRam
Nov 5, 2011
Gironde, France
Funster No
MH
A-Class
Exp
5 years
Hi,
Checked the fuses on the Electrobloc & everything OK.

BIG however, now the door steps & the inside lights don't work & neither does the Truma for heating & hot water! Mains power is OK for the kettle & the fan heater, thank God. The vehicle will start but with a buzzing from the hab step that won't retract.

I wonder if there's some sort of trip switch for the Electrobloc

Jun 11, 2011
Somerset
Funster No
MH
hymer s820
Exp
hya try switching 12v off and leaving 30sec and then switch on and it might reset system good luck

OP
OP
DrRogerRam
Nov 5, 2011
Gironde, France
Funster No
MH
A-Class
Exp
5 years
Thanks, there seems to be no 12v supply at the moment so I'm not sure how I can turn it off? I've tried the mains power trip switches that work, but don't affect the 12v system.

There was tap water but now that has gone as well. Do have an amber light under the passenger seat that says "Volladen' that means 'to load up'.

Yippee, above the door there is a diagram of the Hymer where there were no indicators of battery power, fresh & waste water-just pressed the on/off button & everything has sprung back to life! We now have steps, lights, water, heating=everything that matters.

Amber Volladen light is still on & fridge/freezer & satellite control panel are still not working.

So double thanks s20 for your suggestion,

Roger

:D

OP
OP
DrRogerRam
Nov 5, 2011
Gironde, France
Funster No
MH
A-Class
Exp
5 years
Hi, no power to Thetford fridge-freezer or Snipe satellite.

I've checked all the fuses in the Electrobloc & they're fine. Having checked the Hymer handbook there is apparently a fuse next to the van battery for the fridge-freezer. Excuse my total ignorance BUT is the van battery & hopefully the blown fuse underneath the plastic cover in the middle between the van seats, secured by plastic bolts needing probably a 50p piece to open them?

Is replacing the fuse a job for a professional?

Apologies for my daft questions-I have no expertise here & tend to pay professionals that I may well do tomorrow.

Thanks,

Roger

OP
OP
DrRogerRam
Nov 5, 2011
Gironde, France
Funster No
MH
A-Class
Exp
5 years
As an update-the fridge-freezer fuse in the Electrobloc had gone. It looked OK but when Nathan at Peterborough Motorhomes checked it with his multimeter there was a tiny crack in the fuse & that was the problem. The sat had been wired in via a 5amp fuse to the fridge-freezer that was protected by a 3 amp fuse & that had caused the problem.

My education is sadly lacking in electrical matters :(

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back