Thetford electric flush update (1 Viewer)

dru

Free Member
Dec 1, 2013
south ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Fiat 15 CI Carioca
Exp
since 2003
Hi guys, me again, now have 12.4 volts at one side of the flush switch and the same at the output side of the Thetford c-200 cs toilet - also filled the on board water tank and have water coming from all taps hot and cold but still no flush when the flush switch is pressed - it was suggested the electric valve in the toilet may be stuck but have no idea where it is located or worse still how to take the toilet apart to look for it - I thought the swivel bowl may have lifted off but reluctant to pull and haul at it and maybe break something. Any help on how to access the electric valve would be much appreciated, thanks, dru
ps disappointed to find the colours of the wires on the Thetford diagram for the flush switch are different to the colours on ours :Eeek:

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
you should be able to get to it from where ever you pull the tank out from theres a solenoid valve on the water pipe that leads up to the nozzle it flushes fromshould be around 12v on this when you press the flush button if there is and its not flushing it either stuck or broken

May 3, 2008
North Wales
Funster No
MH
A class Carthago Chic I47
Exp
34 years
We have just bought a new control panel board for our Thetford 250 for just short of £80 now we have Lights, Flush but the Slide won't open, oh the joys of motor homing.

Speak to www.leisureshopdirect.com they will probably point you in the right direction.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
We had a similar problem some time back ........ the flush button had been pressed slightly too hard forcing the circuit board behind the button to come adrift and just needed pushing back into place.

enery8

Free Member
Oct 11, 2012
Dorset
Funster No
MH
FFB Tabbert Classic 660
Exp
towing for 20 odd years but now have our first motorhome.
You might find this link useful, hope it helps.
I phoned Thetford re a problem I had and they sent me a manual on how to fix it. Might be worth a try.
Good luck with it.:Smile:

OP
OP
D

dru

Free Member
Dec 1, 2013
south ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Fiat 15 CI Carioca
Exp
since 2003
flush probs

Thanks enery8 for that link - there is one section specific to removing the elec valve - not too specific but looks as if there is enough info to point me in the right direction to remove the bowl and valve, thanks, much appreciated, dru :thumb: ps GM4SCP

Last edited:

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Thanks enery8 for that link - there is one section specific to removing the elec valve - not too specific but looks as if there is enough info to point me in the right direction to remove the bowl and valve, thanks, much appreciated, dru :thumb:
Our solenoid valve suffered from frost damage, and had to be replaced. :Sad:
It's a pig of a job, and involves removal of the mechanical linkeages and clamps, before lifting the bowl from it's plinth. The valve is on the underside of the bowl.
Access to the screws is gained by removing the cassette, and with the aid of a mirror, working in the tight confines of the cassette compartment. If it needs replacing, the solenoid valve cost about £30-£35.

Good luck. :thumb:

Jock.

P.S. If it's a second hand hand MH, wear disposable gloves before removing the bowl. You may well get a surprise, :winky: or a shock. :whatthe:

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
yes its a pig of a job to replace the valve. i often wonder if the designers of such devices expect everyone to be a contortionist or a gynaecologist

as already said on the other thread, find the valve by following the water pipe then give it a few taps with a screwdriver handle whilst somebody presses the button. this often works to free a stuck valve.

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
yes its a pig of a job to replace the valve. i often wonder if the designers of such devices expect everyone to be a contortionist or a gynaecologist

as already said on the other thread, find the valve by following the water pipe then give it a few taps with a screwdriver handle whilst somebody presses the button. this often works to free a stuck valve.
Ours was beyond the "preferred" few taps with a srewdriver handle, as it just kept syphoning the contents of the fresh water tank. :roflmto: We were on a FUN meet at Scunthorpe at the time, and I had to shove paper tissue into the discharge pipe to block the trickle.

Cheers,

Jock.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back