Nov 25, 2009
?
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
Hi all,
We have the Thetford ck13000 cooker/grill/oven and wonder if everyone with the same model experiences the same annoying cooling fan noise.
It appears to occur more with the grill rather than the oven, the fan cuts in intermittently with what is almost a roar and can drown out the radio.
A slice of toast in the morning not a peaceful experience.

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Good greif :Eeek:
I thought this was going to be about a new install / update for the thetford loo:RollEyes:
to combat the spice of India syndrome:Doh::ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
A

AuldCodger

Free Member
Nov 25, 2009
?
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
Knew I could depend on a couple of stalwarts to come to my aid.
Thanks guys. ::bigsmile:

Deleted User
Just had the same problem on my Thetford CK13000. Fan just suddenly started making a horrible noise while cooking dinner. There are two fans located at the back of the hob. I had a quick try to get access to them but decided just to ignore it while my dinner cooked. Going to have another go and would appreciate any advice

i.e. is it easy to get to them, what screws do I have to remove and do I have to remove gas burners etc. If it isn't just something caught in one of them, where can I get replacements though they do just look like computer fans.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 24, 2009
bedworth warks
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
2009 previously a tugger for thirty years
We spoke to our Pilote dealer about the knobs on our Thetford cooker appearing to be starting to melt. They said they had never heard of this happening before and would speak with the manufacturers. A week or so later they asked us to take the van in as the manufacturers thought it was the fans that were faulty.

Both the fans were replaced this entails removing the cooker and it has been OK since. Previously the fans were cutting in almost as soon as the oven or grill was turned on.

IMHO if you need to remove and refit replacement fans you will almost certainly have to remove the cooker from its housing.

Ours was done under warranty, I personally think it was more likely to have been the temperature control rather than the actual fans.

HTH Pete.

Deleted User
Just had more of a look at it. The problem is that on one of the fans the blade or blades are hitting the housing. Can't tell exactly where but can feel it and hear scraping noise when I try manually turning the fan using a chopstick. I was hoping it was a bit of food stuck to it but cant see anything.
As I am going away it in next week I have three options

1) Remove cooker and try to sort it but probably end up needing a part while it is out and running out of time.
2) Avoid using the oven/grill
3) Keep using oven/grill and ignore the noise and hope that the rubbing part wears away. They are 12 V fans so the worst case is it would just burn out the motor.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back