Thetford cassette C400 (1 Viewer)

Aug 20, 2007
Leyland
Funster No
MH
Frankia I7300 BD
Exp
since 1997 (many years tugger before then)
Good job we were on a site last week-end as youngest grandson somehow broke the loo...the blade disappeared into the tank after he'd been !
I very carefully emptied the cassette...and found a plastic peg with a star shaped profile along its depth...the blade was in the tank and not for coming out !
After that it was site loos only.
Looking on the net for ideas as to how to get the blade out I saw that you used the sliding plate to undo the whole mechanics of the cassette. I did that, retreived the blade, and saw that the peg had sheared off it....but I was missing a small plastic bush...don't know where that's gone !
Visited my local accessory shop (Todds), they didn't have the blade, but did have the mechanics which included the blade, float, seals etc for £37.99......so I've replaced the lot, and thoroughly cleaned the internals of the holding tank.
All 3 grandkids will be now be given a refresher course on how to use the loo.

regards

Allen

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Rapido V68 Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2009
Funnily enough (actually not funny at the time), we had a not totally dissimilar problem with the loo, whilst touring in Switzerland. In our case we were emptying the loo at the campsite in the morning - at low altitude - then taking the van up into the mountains during the day. When we tried to open the loo blade at lunchtime it appeared seized at first, and then became completely dislodged and wouldn't operate. More than that, the cassette was then jammed in place and we couldn't remove it!

Luckily, managed to find a Thetford agent not too far away and they took a good 30 minutes to extract the cassette, before they could dismantle and rebuild the blade mechanism. Anyway, they put it all together and sprayed it with plenty of lubricant and said all was working fine - which it was... until exactly the same thing happened the following day!!

The penny then dropped (excuse the pun) that it was the change in air pressure causing a VERY strong seal on the blade. Fortunately, I was able to fix it myself the second time - with a struggle - when we returned to camp in the evening.

Outcome is, we now always have the blade very slightly ajar when on the road - thankfully without any odours - and secondly, we carry a brand new replacement mechanism as described by Allen in case it fails again! But that was nearly 3 years ago, and no further issues since.

Mike

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
The penny then dropped (excuse the pun) that it was the change in air pressure causing a VERY strong seal on the blade. Fortunately, I was able to fix it myself the second time - with a struggle - when we returned to camp in the evening.
We have a SOG system which has the added benefit that pressure will not build-up in the cassette due to heat or altitude.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
Our Thetford C200 cassette has a little breather vent which opens when you slide it into position, wonder why they've done away with it on the newer models ?

Ambilkate

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 15, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006
Our Thetford C200 cassette has a little breather vent which opens when you slide it into position, wonder why they've done away with it on the newer models ?
Hi we are looking for a spare breather vent for our spare cassette c200s anyone have any ideas where we could get one from please ?
regards Kate

denisejoe

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 6, 2014
Warden isle of sheppy
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2004
Hi we are looking for a spare breather vent for our spare cassette c200s anyone have any ideas where we could get one from please ?
regards Kate
I've got a new one as I took it out when we fitted a SOG. PM me your address and I'll send it to you.

Joe

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back