Thetford casette C3 help needed! (1 Viewer)

Dave and Ginny

Free Member
Jan 31, 2013
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
Hymer Starline 680
Exp
Since 2011, previously a tugger
No flush this morning on Thetford C3. Checked fuse and ok but closer look can see small brown wire hanging down from below the flushing valve assembly. May be off microswitch or something.

It's impossible to work on in situe so does anyone know how it may come off for access? From the top of the valve with the little centre plug removed I can see a screw way deep down but would need to source a long screwdriver from fellow camper if it needs to come out.

Any help gratefully appreciated as always. Dave

Daifuse

Free Member
Feb 20, 2013
Milford Haven
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
Since 2011
My old Autotrail had a similar problem. A microswitch prevented the flush pump operating if the cassette was not seated properly. The switch failed and was extremely difficult to get at. Being on a long trip at the time meant that a temporary repair was needed so I located the wires to the switch (of which yours is obviously one) and shorted them out. It was a temporary repair that became permanent - I never bothered to replace the switch - just made sure the cassette was always seated properly!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Dave and Ginny

Dave and Ginny

Free Member
Jan 31, 2013
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
Hymer Starline 680
Exp
Since 2011, previously a tugger
My old Autotrail had a similar problem. A microswitch prevented the flush pump operating if the cassette was not seated properly. The switch failed and was extremely difficult to get at. Being on a long trip at the time meant that a temporary repair was needed so I located the wires to the switch (of which yours is obviously one) and shorted them out. It was a temporary repair that became permanent - I never bothered to replace the switch - just made sure the cassette was always seated properly!

Spot on...mine has turned out to be exact same problem. I managed to do a temporary repair also, the problem is that the particular bit, designed to be a safety feature, is constantly turning and causing early fatigue on the tiny wires.

A couple of pics might help anyone else with same. The offending piece is removed by single self tapper. Second pic shows my bodge...I mean 'temporary' repair ;)

Attachments

• 20150422_122859.jpg
    20150422_122859.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 29
  • 20150422_131257.jpg
    20150422_131257.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!