Thetford C250 Toilet - leaking flush (1 Viewer)

Kon tiki

Free Member
Oct 11, 2007
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
20+
On our toilet I have noticed the fresh water flush leaking into the bowl. We are having to turn the water pump off or the bowl would just fill up with fresh water. It's not pouring out but after less than an hour there was over an inch of water in the bowl. As we are in Portugal mostly wild camping it is causing us problems. Even after turning the water pump off the water we are still losing a fair amount of water. I downloaded the installation manual from the Thetford site bit it doesn't show much of how the fresh water supply is connected. I assume there must be a valve somewhere that opens when you press the button but I don't know where to start looking. I might look to see if I can disconnect the flush & block the pipe as a last resort & just flush the toilet using some sort of container.
Has anybody any knowledge of where the valve for this toilet is & any ideas if it can be repaired until we get back to the UK.

OP
OP
Kon tiki

Kon tiki

Free Member
Oct 11, 2007
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
20+
Thanks for the reply, I had already tried looking through the site & the C250 doesn't seem to have any repair instructions. I would have thought that it would be similar to the C200 (didn't see the one for the electric valve when I first looked :Eeek:), looking at the repair manual for the electric valve on the C200 it looks like quite a strip down to get to the valve. Even if I get at it I probably won't be able to get any spares. I think my best option might be to try to block off the pipe & flush the toilet manually. At least the toilet will still be usable & it will stop it emptying the fresh water tank.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Hi Ed

Shame you can't get to the valve easily, it may have some dirt in it and only need cleaning..

Jim

OP
OP
Kon tiki

Kon tiki

Free Member
Oct 11, 2007
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
20+
Managed to find a joint that was accessible, found that one of the craft knife handle would fit in so I have blocked it off. Just need to empty the toilet again & fill up with water then we can get back to relaxing :Cool: Weather looks a bit more promising today, forecast was sunny for this afternoon so we might get chance to go for a ride on the motorbike.::bigsmile:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Managed to find a joint that was accessible, found that one of the craft knife handle would fit in so I have blocked it off. Just need to empty the toilet again & fill up with water then we can get back to relaxing :Cool: Weather looks a bit more promising today, forecast was sunny for this afternoon so we might get chance to go for a ride on the motorbike.::bigsmile:

Sounds like a great plan.. :Cool:

The toilet can wait .. :thumb:

Jim

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Hi,

Suggest you actually take the toilet out and then you will be able to get at the valve.

Reolacement valves are available and if you need any further help, give Glenn a ring during the week and he will explain further.

Good luck

Peter

OP
OP
Kon tiki

Kon tiki

Free Member
Oct 11, 2007
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
20+
Difficult to spend too much time working on it as we are about to start heading home from Portugal, anyway we can manage now I've blocked the pipe.
After a relatively trouble free trip it seems today ha been one of ''those days:cry::shout:'' first the toilet ok it was a minor inconvenience, then my laptop decided to crash, it took about 3 hours messing around to get it running again (I really hate Vista :Angry:) while I was trying to fix the laptop I noticed we have a red warning light on the Schaudt LT500 panel saying the leisure battery needs charging (the voltage at the time was 13.2 volts, this was from the solar panel regulator & I checked it on the battery with a meter) I decided to disconnect the battery as I thought maybe it would reset but no such luck the dam thing is still on. When I reconnected the battery & turned the panel back on I didn't notice the water pump hammering away, disconnecting the battery means the frost dump valve opens so it pumped out most of our water :Doh:, it wouldn't be so bad but there isn't any water close by. Still don't know what I can do about the warning light, I will have a search for Adria dealers across Spain & France to get it checked out as it's still under warranty.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back