Thetford c200 toilet cassette (1 Viewer)

octopush

Free Member
Sep 28, 2012
portsmouth
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
2days
Our Thetford c200 toilet cassette has always leaked when we are carrying it which is not very pleasant when walking through a camp-site.

So last night i decided to get stuck in and strip all the components down.

I was surprised how easy it was to take all the components out.

I cleaned them all up changed a few o rings covered then in olive oil and hay presto no moor leaks.

I can now walk across a camp site with my head held high.

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
I found the rubber seal lasts a whole lot longer if you don't close the poop chute flap tight when the cassette is empty and the MH is between outings. It helps it keep its shape.

connie

Free Member
Mar 29, 2014
essex
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2013
spray your seal

Hi if you go to your caravan store you can buy a can of oily spray stuff it keeps all the rubber parts in good condition.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
Our Thetford c200 toilet cassette has always leaked when we are carrying it which is not very pleasant when walking through a camp-site.

So last night i decided to get stuck in and strip all the components down.

I was surprised how easy it was to take all the components out.

I cleaned them all up changed a few o rings covered then in olive oil and hay presto no moor leaks.

I can now walk across a camp site with my head held high.

Good to see you are now flushed with success :thumb:

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
I found the rubber seal lasts a whole lot longer if you don't close the poop chute flap tight when the cassette is empty and the MH is between outings. It helps it keep its shape.

The cure for that is a light smear of either corn oil, or olive oil, on the seal when you are not using the loo for a while. Not engine oil, WD 40, or even Vaseline, they contain petroleum products that will damage the seal.

OP
OP
octopush

octopush

Free Member
Sep 28, 2012
portsmouth
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
2days
Good quality olive oil is all you need instead of the expensive products that they like to sell you

Hammie

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 21, 2014
Funster No
MH
Neismann & Bischoff Arto
Exp
newbie/2015
Good quality olive oil is all you need instead of the expensive products that they like to sell you
Will this work on the hatch seals too or should I use my silicon spray?

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
I've got my spare C200 cassette left that I used to carry for emergencies. I sold my old van and kept it for the new one but it has different loo.
I have gone and bought one for that now. I cannot remember actually having to use it but insurance is insurance.

Hammie

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 21, 2014
Funster No
MH
Neismann & Bischoff Arto
Exp
newbie/2015
I've got my spare C200 cassette left that I used to carry for emergencies. I sold my old van and kept it for the new one but it has different loo.
I have gone and bought one for that now. I cannot remember actually having to use it but insurance is insurance.

Insurance??

PP Bear

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 5, 2013
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Dakota SE
Exp
The cure for that is a light smear of either corn oil, or olive oil, on the seal when you are not using the loo for a while. Not engine oil, WD 40, or even Vaseline, they contain petroleum products that will damage the seal.
Or simply swim your food with either corn or olive oil and you'll kill 2 birds with one stone, by lubing and pooping at the same time :)

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
Insurance??
Insurance, in that I got the cassette filled to the brim and had a spare one to go in until I got to a dump point. maybe assurance would be a better word but what ever you do if the is no back up a disaster might happen.

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
I'd assume most users know this but - just in case - if disaster overtakes and you end up with the contents of the bowl unable to drain because the cassette is full you can drain into a bucket by removing the cassette cap. Leave the shutter open until you have done so then close it, replace the cap, and remove and empty the cassette as normal.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back