Free Member
Jun 23, 2009
hampshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral
Exp
Since 2010
Morning All, yesterday I decided to wash out and clean my casette, whilst emptying, the slide cover fell down the loo, I thought it was sprung loaded to automatically close, but you don't take a lot of notice when things are OK. Have I broken something ? lost a spring ? Advise please before I drop it down some 'aire' black hole!!

DESCO

Free Member
Mar 11, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
18 years +12 years tugging
No they are not sprung loaded, and can vanish down emptying point, never done it but have seen it done. The screw on cap can also follow so watch out, in a CL they almost had to have the drain up to retrieve.

Dave :thumb::thumb:

Last edited:

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
We've had one slide off as well - at home luckily, so nothing lost. I think that's why they have a bit of a recess - so you can keep your thumb on it to stop it sliding. Always assuming your hand is big enough of course :Smile:

Graham

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Euromobil

Euromobil

Free Member
Jun 23, 2009
hampshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral
Exp
Since 2010
many thanks folks, that will teach me to leave well enough alone, snowed in, bored, lets find something to do!!!!

neilmac

Free Member
Nov 24, 2008
UK, France & Spain
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
2nd year
I think the seal it covers should provide a little resistance though. Pretty sure that mine doesn't just fall out when tipped up :Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
I think the seal it covers should provide a little resistance though. Pretty sure that mine doesn't just fall out when tipped up :Smile:

Just checked mine, & yes the seal when new will make the seal between the rubber & the slide & stop it sliding out of the guides.
Maybe points to the need to fit a new seal?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back