Thetford C2 Cassette wont flush (1 Viewer)

DavidAdamson

Free Member
Mar 9, 2016
Manchester
Funster No
MH
1985 Bedford CF Glendale
Exp
Hello,

I have a C2 cassette loo in Delilah, I've just come back from Filey and it was my first time using the toilet since getting her, however, I've followed the protocol etc, but it just wouldn't flush with the pink and water.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

David.

Zigisla

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 24, 2015
Gosport, Hants
Funster No
MH
Sunlight A72
Exp
Getting better month by month.
Check out the obvious first. Fuse for the pump. Probably inside the locker. No power due to broken wire or bad earth. Unserviceable pump impeller.

OP
OP
DavidAdamson

DavidAdamson

Free Member
Mar 9, 2016
Manchester
Funster No
MH
1985 Bedford CF Glendale
Exp
thanks not sure where those are located, not got a manual? Is there one available online perhaps?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Don Quixote

Free Member
Jul 29, 2012
Lost in La Mancha, Spain
Funster No
MH
VW T6 Campervan
Exp
Not long enough, but a little common sense helps..........
@DavidAdamson firstly check that your water supply is on as ours will not flush if there is no power (run a tap) coming from the control panel. If that fails you will need to check the fuse box.

OP
OP
DavidAdamson

DavidAdamson

Free Member
Mar 9, 2016
Manchester
Funster No
MH
1985 Bedford CF Glendale
Exp
@DavidAdamson firstly check that your water supply is on as ours will not flush if there is no power (run a tap) coming from the control panel. If that fails you will need to check the fuse box.
Interesting, because there is a wire running out the back to a water pump that services the mains water, so perhaps that needs to be running with full water so it will flush?

Jun 29, 2015
Southampton
Funster No
MH
caravan (for now)
Exp
on and off since 1984
Does it have a separate water tank for the flush water? If so the problem is possibly the pump. If it's like my one the pump is in the water tank. Look on you tube, lots of videos the impeller may be stuck

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
All of the above plus There is occasionally an additional inline fuse in the cassette locker, check that!

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Interesting, because there is a wire running out the back to a water pump that services the mains water, so perhaps that needs to be running with full water so it will flush?
Depends which type you have, if it flushes with water from the main tank (most Continental vans do this) then the main tank needs some water in it. If it has it's own tank which you fill via the cassette hatch then it will have a pump inside the flush tank which you can get at by pulling out the spare loo roll holder housing.

OP
OP
DavidAdamson

DavidAdamson

Free Member
Mar 9, 2016
Manchester
Funster No
MH
1985 Bedford CF Glendale
Exp
Its an old C2 model. I'll check the fuses, and check all of your advice thanks.

Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
I had a problem with the C2 in our old Adria caravan, the supply cable had a join underneath the shower tray and this had broken down due to the dreaded 12 volt dc "black lead" syndrome. I had to run a new supply cable to sort it.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back