Free Member
Jun 7, 2009
france, (Aveyron)
Funster No
MH
A class.
Exp
26 years
The blade is broken off in our Thetford C 2 holding tank, my husband tried to remove the broken blade, but was not able to get the blade out of the cassette after removing the 5 holding screws :shout: does any one know if it is possible to do this repair and if we can purchase the parts for it, it is quite old now, made in 1993. bambi 2

JeanLuc

Free Member
Nov 17, 2008
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B630 Star-Line
Exp
Since 2007
A few months back I gave my C200 a service and agree that it is difficult to get a grip on the blade - I think the mechanism is similar to, or the same as, the C2. The blade disc sits in a socket on the blade arm below and simply pulls up and out. The problem is getting hold of it as you cannot get your fingers, or a suitable tool, down the side. My solution was to push a plastic sucker on it and pull it up - simple!

Philip

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
bambi 2

bambi 2

Free Member
Jun 7, 2009
france, (Aveyron)
Funster No
MH
A class.
Exp
26 years
Thank you both for your advice, the older C 2 is more difficult as you have to remove the screws from the support assembly and the blade is larger than the hole and so you have to break the blade to remove it, we hope the repair kit has a smaller blade, otherwise it will be impossible to repair it. bambi 2

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
I would suggest you get a refurb kit, but as you are in France, the cost and ag of posting is not worth it.

See if you can get one in France, in UK they are quite cheap seeing as you get a new holding tank and a seat for £89-99p

Peter

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back