Thetford C 2 blade broken

Discussion in 'Tech/Mech General' started by bambi 2, Mar 25, 2010.

1. bambi 2

bambi 2 Read Only Funster

The blade is broken off in our Thetford C 2 holding tank, my husband tried to remove the broken blade, but was not able to get the blade out of the cassette after removing the 5 holding screws :shout: does any one know if it is possible to do this repair and if we can purchase the parts for it, it is quite old now, made in 1993. bambi 2

2. GJH

GJH Funster Life Member

Thetford have a whole set of repair guides on their web site. See Here.

Graham

3. JeanLuc

JeanLuc Funster

A few months back I gave my C200 a service and agree that it is difficult to get a grip on the blade - I think the mechanism is similar to, or the same as, the C2. The blade disc sits in a socket on the blade arm below and simply pulls up and out. The problem is getting hold of it as you cannot get your fingers, or a suitable tool, down the side. My solution was to push a plastic sucker on it and pull it up - simple!

Philip

4. bambi 2

bambi 2 Read Only Funster

Thank you both for your advice, the older C 2 is more difficult as you have to remove the screws from the support assembly and the blade is larger than the hole and so you have to break the blade to remove it, we hope the repair kit has a smaller blade, otherwise it will be impossible to repair it. bambi 2

5. Johns_Cross_Motorhomes

Johns_Cross_Motorhomes Trader - Motorhome & Accessory Sales

I would suggest you get a refurb kit, but as you are in France, the cost and ag of posting is not worth it.

See if you can get one in France, in UK they are quite cheap seeing as you get a new holding tank and a seat for £89-99p

Peter