Thetford Bash.. a quick report etc (1 Viewer)

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
First off a massive thank you to all who turned up and all who helped it run so smoothly.

Way to many to name check to be honest but special mention goes to ( in order of appearance ! )

Tommy and George ( a couple of the zillion grand kids we have ! ) who manned the gate on Friday

Darrell ( number one son ) who took over manning the gate for us, helped sorting out lots of problems and transported the peds back and forth

Zoe ( Darrells better half ) for helping with the grub and doing the washing up ( plus a 101 other jobs she dived in to )

Shane and Tommy ( more grand kids :Smile: ) for helping out all over the place

Toni ( daughter ) for helping doing all the welcome packs and getting them in order

Jade ( ANOTHER grand child ! ) for helping with the auction along with Tony, Gail Rob and Zoe

And Woman ( Also known as Maureen or jaws long suffering wife ) for putting up with it all and running around like a loon at my beck and call

Gail and Tony for helping to keep things moving ( and I might add being very generous at auction time, not only supplying a pile of stuff but also spending a fair bit too !!
These good people also supplied us with the Portapoti and one of the tents for the bikers night loo

Richard and Gay for work done and supplying us with music on Sunday night

Philcott and Peter for bringing along a tent for the toilet ( yes we had two toilet tents ! )

To EVERYONE who turned up, joined in, watched, had a laugh and dug deeply in there pockets to raise so much money !!

Anyone want to see the full breakdown of the 'accounts' is most welcome .. It is on an exel spread sheet, but the basic breakdown is as follows

From ticket sales £985

From auction sales and donations £660.31

Outgoing Site hire £150

Entertainment £170

Sundry bits and bobs ( ped fuel, pouches etc etc ) £31.66

Total income £1645.31
Total outgoing £351.66

Total raised for Norfolk Air Ambulance £1293.65

So guys and girls, give your selves a very large pat on your collective backs !!!!! :thumb:

If I have forgotten any one please do not be offended.. Still in recovery mode here :winky:

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
I have seen our air ambulance used on regular occasions, its the london one - not the thetford one.

they cost thousands of pounds to just get off the ground

but I have attended the victims occasionally whose lives have been saved because the air ambulance exists, county is irrelevant to me

Well done to everyone who contributed every single pound makes a difference

I have seen from personal experience that EVERY SECOND COUNTS so may the air ambulance service continue for years to come and continue to save lives that as time ticks on would have been lost without them

teddybard

Free Member
Aug 21, 2012
warwickshire
Funster No
MH
c
Exp
5 years
First off a massive thank you to all who turned up and all who helped it run so smoothly.

Way to many to name check to be honest but special mention goes to ( in order of appearance ! )

Tommy and George ( a couple of the zillion grand kids we have ! ) who manned the gate on Friday

Darrell ( number one son ) who took over manning the gate for us, helped sorting out lots of problems and transported the peds back and forth

Zoe ( Darrells better half ) for helping with the grub and doing the washing up ( plus a 101 other jobs she dived in to )

Shane and Tommy ( more grand kids :Smile: ) for helping out all over the place

Toni ( daughter ) for helping doing all the welcome packs and getting them in order

Jade ( ANOTHER grand child ! ) for helping with the auction along with Tony, Gail Rob and Zoe

And Woman ( Also known as Maureen or jaws long suffering wife ) for putting up with it all and running around like a loon at my beck and call

Gail and Tony for helping to keep things moving ( and I might add being very generous at auction time, not only supplying a pile of stuff but also spending a fair bit too !!
These good people also supplied us with the Portapoti and one of the tents for the bikers night loo

Richard and Gay for work done and supplying us with music on Sunday night

Philcott and Peter for bringing along a tent for the toilet ( yes we had two toilet tents ! )

To EVERYONE who turned up, joined in, watched, had a laugh and dug deeply in there pockets to raise so much money !!

Anyone want to see the full breakdown of the 'accounts' is most welcome .. It is on an exel spread sheet, but the basic breakdown is as follows

From ticket sales £985

From auction sales and donations £660.31

Outgoing Site hire £150

Entertainment £170

Sundry bits and bobs ( ped fuel, pouches etc etc ) £31.66

Total income £1645.31
Total outgoing £351.66

Total raised for Norfolk Air Ambulance £1293.65

So guys and girls, give your selves a very large pat on your collective backs !!!!! :thumb:

If I have forgotten any one please do not be offended.. Still in recovery mode here :winky:

Congratulations John and family on a job well done.
only too sorry we could not make it.

Sorry to hear of the casualty list
1, (Our campersgotsunburnedtootsies) well you can't win em all.:cry:

Best Wishes
Roger & Sheila.:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Sounds as if everyone had a brilliant time, our names need to be on next years bash, as well as raising so much for charity, :thumb:

Mar 3, 2013
Poole
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Air ambulances are a very worthy cause. Being involved in motocross we have used the Dorset and Somerset air ambulance on a couple of occasions. Fantastic service. We raise money at our meetings, pit bike races, raffle and cake sales and auctions. Well done to you all. ::bigsmile:

Oct 18, 2012
Wortham Diss
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
Motorhomed for almost 7 years - now going nowhere!
Next year's Thetford Bash

I have a replacement candle for next year's Bash. It should fetch a bob or two at auction. I've just got to remember to bring it :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
John - you're a brilliant auctioneer, you made us all part with our money!

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
Great time as always Jaws!:thumb:

How did you arrange the fantastic weather? Can you have a word with someone for next weekend?::bigsmile:

electricscott

Free Member
Nov 23, 2010
Buckden Marina
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
3 year
a big thanks has to go to you john and it lifts the spirits to see such generosity.:thumb:
just sorry diane I could not make this year.

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
Cheers John, Mo and Family helpers - we had a great weekend thanks. Four vans stayed over last night we left this morning.

Ken & Lynda :thumb:

johnp10

Free Member
Oct 12, 2009
North Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
8 years ish
Just got home (Wednesday).
Great weekend.
Thanks John and family / helpers for the hard work to make it run.
Brilliant.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back