Thetford Aire? (1 Viewer)

Apr 12, 2012
Fleet, UK
Funster No
MH
Pilote Atlantis 34
Exp
MoHoing since 09/04/12
I have found, via Google and another motorhoming site, reference to an 'aire' near Thetford, off the A11.

Anybody know any more about it? There was no detail about specific location.

I'll be heading to Snetterton for the weekend, and thinking of going up a day before the racing and overnighting somewhere nearby. This sounded ideal.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
When I Googled Thetford aire I got references to:
1) Thetford Comfort aire cassette toilet
2) a truck stop in Thetford, Vermont.

I think Jaws would have been letting us know if there were an aire anywhere near Thetford, Norfolk :Smile:

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
I'm only 10 miles from Thetford (Norfolk) and can't say I have ever heard of it but Jaws may be along soon to tell us different.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 17, 2012
Bury St Edmunds
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
1 year on and loving it!
I suspect it's the big parking area heading south down the A11 on the dual carriage way. It's a slipway off into the woods, with as was mentioned a cafe and stuff. Not too sure how much dogging goes on there though. You can only get to it if travelling away from Norwich

There is a wild camping spot near Elvedon/Thetford - if you're travelling East towards Norwich. PM me if you want more info.

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
Google 'Littlelodge Farm' for a CL not far from the A11 at Thetford. They will let you stay even if not CC.
Other close CLs are at Great Cressingham (The Old Windmill- great food!) and 'The Ship' at Hillborough.
Of course there is also the Thetford Forest CC and CC&C sites. The CC@C site is least off route for you.
There may be others closer to Snetterton, but I would need to consult the CC book!::bigsmile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

FULL TIMER

Free Member
May 31, 2012
NORWICH
Funster No
MH
SELF BUILT IVECO 75E17
Exp
BEEN BUILDING THEM FOR 32 years
There is a nice pub in Brandon called The Ram Hotel with camping area behind it, normally charge about a fiver, we had a meet with another forum there a while back staff were great and very friendly, easy walking distance of almost anywhere within Brandon.

FULL TIMER

Free Member
May 31, 2012
NORWICH
Funster No
MH
SELF BUILT IVECO 75E17
Exp
BEEN BUILDING THEM FOR 32 years
Very easy access to the A11 in fact from memory its virtually on it, can't beat a good night of traffic noise for £20 a night

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back