Free Member
Oct 25, 2009
Ambleside & Bolton
Funster No
MH
Hi Top
Exp
since 2008
We have a Thetford 402c fitted in our 08 Auto Sleeper Symbol, Even though the flush tank is full it will not flush, the pump is working okay but the water is not getting through, maybe an air lock ?

question is how do I prime the system or try to fix the problem any help is appreciated

Thanks
Leon

Blackeunos

Free Member
Apr 28, 2008
East Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Hi Leon,

I had the earlier Symbol (2003) and the pump was under the toilet roll holder, not sure if yours is the same. If it is you could try giving it a shake. This used to work with caravan water pumps, the type that sat in the aquaroll. They were prone to airlocks.

Sorry cant be of more assistance.
regards
Stewart

OP
OP
winterhill

winterhill

Free Member
Oct 25, 2009
Ambleside & Bolton
Funster No
MH
Hi Top
Exp
since 2008
found the problem, it seems like a build up of gunk had blocked the clear feeder tube causing the blockage, by removing the small black u shape rubber conecter and a small piece of wire to plunge it a few times seems to have got rid of it.

I did notice as well that you do have to continue to fill the flush tank even though you think it is full you can still get a lot more water in it, I guess it is because the water has to be pushed upwards through a U bend before it fills the clear level tube.

hope this helps anyone else with the same problem.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back