Thetford 250, replace or repair (1 Viewer)

Duztee

Free Member
Jun 28, 2016
Nagykoros, Hungary
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
So from reading the web it appears my Thetford 250 is (probably) the worst designed toilet possible.
Prone to corrosion and electrical issues.
Can anyone recommend either a good man to repair and service my non working item, or, can anyone recommend a better make as a replacement.

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
All depends on what is wrong with it ... a little more info would help!

We had a 250 in our last moho for almost seven years with no problem and have the same in our new one.(y)

Jan 22, 2013
London SE
Funster No
MH
A class Adria vision I707
Exp
since 1971
likewise ours is eight years old and works fine, I might replace the seals this winter but that's only pre cautionary as they are still working fine,

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
the common electrical fault on them is the switch panel fails. the part can be bought for about ÂŁ40 if you shop around and it takes a couple of minutes to fit with no tools required

OP
OP
Duztee

Duztee

Free Member
Jun 28, 2016
Nagykoros, Hungary
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
Great! so the only replies are from people who want to tell me how great theirs are!
Not exactly what I asked for.
But for icantremember the contacts on the small circuit board which detects the level are corroded away, same for the fuse spades. since the van is only 4 years old there is obviously a condensation problem which needs sorting before bothering to replace the corroded parts, hence my asking for recommendations of someone who knows a lot more about this thing than me.

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
Great! so the only replies are from people who want to tell me how great theirs are!
But for icantremember the contacts on the small circuit board which detects the level are corroded away, same for the fuse spades. since the van is only 4 years old there is obviously a condensation problem which needs sorting before bothering to replace the corroded parts, hence my asking for recommendations of someone who knows a lot more about this thing than me.
If those are the only problems I would sort it not change it.

Spare parts are easily available in the UK and most of Europe.

Although my level indicators work fine, I only ever rely on a visual check through the flap when open and empty every day however full if possible.

I don't know why you are getting condensation in the cassette locker ... it could be that the cassette has been replaced after emptying in a wet condition .... could be cured by introducing ventilation to the locker.

Jan 8, 2013
Dronfield - Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 690G
Exp
Happy FLT since 2011

Perhaps by now you should have realised that these toilets are not a problem for most people.:banghead:

Its not the worst toilet in the world and you have just been unlucky.
We have all been wasting our time trying to help - What a waste of time - Cheerio and good luck!:swear2:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back