Them bloomin flies

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by gordoncbrown, Jun 11, 2012.

1. gordoncbrown

gordoncbrown Funster

I'm sure this has been asked before but can't find it. We have a bit of a long trip coming up and although the MH will be gleaming before we set off I'm sure by the time we get to the middle of France it will have a few flies on it. What is the best method for getting them off ? At home I have ladders, different mop headsetc. Won't be taking all that with me, just an extending mop.:thumb:

2. JJ

JJ Funster

Sorry to be flippant Gordan... it is an illness of mine...

but my solution is to leave them... after a while my Wagon gets so dusty, dirty and covered with flies that it all becomes part of the overall "ambience" of the vehicle...

this policy saves me a lot of time and effort and greatly reduces the chances of it being nicked... the thieves don't watch to catch any obscure illnesses...:Rofl1:

I do however visit a car wash just prior to the MOT of course... :thumb:

JJ :Cool:

PS... serious suggestion... try cleaning them off as soon as possible after you have murdered them before rigor mortis sets in and they get stuck on properly...

Last edited: Jun 11, 2012
    • Like Like x 5
  3. aba

aba

some people put wide catering cling film over the luton before travelling then pull it off when they arrive on site complete with all the flies.

• Like Like x 3
  4. DESCO

DESCO Read Only Funster

If you are worried take a large cloth and extending brush, dampen cloth place over flies and this should shift them.

Or better still follow JJ's advice, and wait till you get home.

5. chatter

chatter Read Only Funster

I have heard of clingfilm being used aswell on the overcab area - as that is the hardest to reach and clean

6. elamessa

elamessa Funster

I find if you use a good quality polish before you leave, then they will wash off with just cold water.. simples:Smile:

7. yodeli

yodeli Funster Life Member

Advice? Yeah right , he just found himself an automatic cleaner ... he just says "ribbit ribbit" and then, a stupid , (but good climber) frog shows up , gets on his Van's roof (at least on the hymer's one) and clean it !!:BigGrin::BigGrin:

Now can You English explain why when you say ribbit ribbit , a frog shows up ... I would have though it was some kind of yorshire accent to say RABBIT .... :getmecoat:

Frankie:Blush:

• Like Like x 2
  8. Heyupluv

Heyupluv Read Only Funster

"when you say ribbit ribbit.....I would have though it was some kind of yorshire accent to say RABBIT"

:Eeek:NOT IN YORKSHIRE...SITHIE NOW..... NOWT SAID LIKE THAT IN YORKSHIRE AWD LUV we speak proper English up north:Doh:..............Nar if thars talking abart... "Rabbit".........Rabbit is what thar gets art when thar put's thar ferret darn a hole for thar dinner, like Rabbit stew or pie....or what thar trains thar whippet or greyhound with:Doh::Doh: :Smile:....Try DUTCH...DOUBLE DUTCH:Rofl1:

Mel
    :Rofl1::Rofl1:

Last edited: Jun 11, 2012
    • Like Like x 1
  9. sedge

sedge Funster

Cher Frankie

Ribit Ribit is actually what English (and Australian) frogs actually say when they speak to us. So it makes perfect sense to say that, in the hope a frog will hear you and arrive.

Most Frogs on the other hand, just say " 'jour m'sieur/m'dame " - to us anyway. (unless of course " 'soir m'sieur/m'dame " is more appropriate !)

HTH

Genevieve et Pierre

:Rofl1:

• Like Like x 1
  10. Welsh girl

Welsh girl Funster Life Member

Eh???????

Lol