Them and us

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Ivory55, Apr 1, 2015.

1. Ivory55

Ivory55 Funster

Watching Sky news on the labour bus as it drove along and nobody was wearing seat belts , I bet it's the same on conservatives as well. The usual do not do as we do , do as we tell you.

2. Baycott

Baycott Funster

Although sensible, I don't think they area a legal requirement on a bus are they???

3. Ivory55

Ivory55 Funster

Hi, need somebody like johnp or Riki who are up on the regs. I thought a bus was a set route with set stops, and a coach was for stopping where it likes not a set route. Sure they will put me right. That's why I thought seat belts had to be worn.

• Like Like x 1
  4. tonyidle

tonyidle Funster

Google is your friend:

Buses
    Buses that are designed for urban use with standing passengers are not required to have seat belts. Other types of buses that were made after 1 October 2001 must be fitted with three point seat belts or retractable lap belt in all forward and rearward facing seats.

Coaches
    Coaches made or first used after 1 October 2001 are fitted with three point seat belts or retractable lap belt in all forward and rearward facing seats.

Passengers over the age of 14 years must wear a seat belt in coaches. They must be notified of the requirement to wear a seat belt (this is usually by a notice on the vehicle, an announcement or a film). Each passenger is legally responsible for wearing their seat belt.

The law does not yet require passengers under 14 years old to wear a seat belt. However, all passengers are strongly advised to wear seat belts or the correct child seat on all journeys.

5. John Laidler

John Laidler Funster

But they are politicians. Let Darwin's Law decide if they survive a crash.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Tincataylor

Tincataylor Funster

Ditto to the above............................

7. GJH

GJH Funster Life Member

There were seat belts on the double decker courtesy bus at Newark show. Nobody said anything about wearing them. Some people did and some didn't.

8. rosalan

rosalan Funster

Politicians do not need to wear seat belts and I am glad about it.
    First, being holier than the rest of us, they will be looked after should an accident occur.
    Secondly, I do not think the first point is valid and being politicians; I am glad they do not wear their seat belts.

Alan