Adbt

Banned
May 19, 2015
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Approach 740 SE
Exp
We have a shower tent that we keep " non valuables " bags / rotisserie / table . I secured the zip on the tent " door " with a cable tie to the tent leg.
Noticed the next day that the zip had opened up to the max the cable tie would allow ? 6 inches ? , thought nothing of it as it had been windy during the night .
Come packing up today I couldn't find the tent bag / aqua roll bag / wastehog bag / table bag ( all packed one inside each other )
They had been nicked and it could of only been a dwarf/ midget or child ! BUGGER !
Anyway did a thorough reccy and hallelujah found them opened up and strewn about in a ditch about 200yds away !
Informed the wardens who seemed genuinely concerned as in tent theft is very unusual on the site.
So just be aware thieves operate on this site !

Reactions: DBK
Sep 3, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class Elddis 175
Exp
8+ years
probably just put a hand through and pulled out what was in reach and pullable thru the 6" gap

thevin barstwards:(:(

OP
OP
Adbt

Adbt

Banned
May 19, 2015
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Approach 740 SE
Exp
probably just put a hand through and pulled out what was in reach and pullable thru the 6" gap

thevin barstwards:(:(

The bags were on a table on top of some other kit so weren't reachable , adults using kids as thief rats ?

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Fox? Got a little welding shelter on a job at Stepney Green, came in a couple of Mondays ago and found a high vis vest on the floor with poop on it, best guess was a fox, we have seen one or two about.

OP
OP
Adbt

Adbt

Banned
May 19, 2015
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Approach 740 SE
Exp
Fox? Got a little welding shelter on a job at Stepney Green, came in a couple of Mondays ago and found a high vis vest on the floor with poop on it, best guess was a fox, we have seen one or two about.

Zipped , bags were clean , it was an animal but a human thieving one

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Surely if you leave possessions outside, unsecured, unlocked. Aren't you asking for trouble?

Not a reason to avoid Cardiff

A reason to take sensible precautions

OP
OP
Adbt

Adbt

Banned
May 19, 2015
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Approach 740 SE
Exp
Surely if you leave possessions outside, unsecured, unlocked. Aren't you asking for trouble?

Not a reason to avoid Cardiff

A reason to take sensible precautions

What a load of liberal wishy washy shite , it was my stuff and nobody but nobody has the right to take it , simple and end of .

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
What a load of liberal wishy washy shite , it was my stuff and nobody but nobody has the right to take it , simple and end of .
If you value your stuff you should accept responsibility for it and take reasonable precautions to prevent its loss, rather than looking for sympathy.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Autowbars

Free Member
Dec 1, 2012
Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Lunar Roadstar 800
Exp
Since 2010

I should have a word with the local wildlife don.

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
I take you are not too thick to recognise the difference ?
Please don't be abusive
We're all entitled to our opinions
Maybe you will learn a lesson from this and take more care if your stuff in future

OP
OP
Adbt

Adbt

Banned
May 19, 2015
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Approach 740 SE
Exp
Please don't be abusive
We're all entitled to our opinions
Maybe you will learn a lesson from this and take more cars if your stuff in future
It's not being abusive , it was a simple question , which you still haven't answered .
How would taking more cars help by the way?

Jan 23, 2016
Wales
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 660SP
Exp
25 years

Safety in action!

The High Vis jacket stopped you treading in it
piece-of-shit-smiley-emoticon.png

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
I think you get thieves more or less anywhere. Our tent was robbed while my brother and I were sleeping in it one night near Séville (they used scissors to cut a hole) but that's not a reason to avoid Séville. However, I think proximity to a big city probably increases the risks.

OP
OP
Adbt

Adbt

Banned
May 19, 2015
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Approach 740 SE
Exp
I think you get thieves more or less anywhere. Our tent was robbed while my brother and I were sleeping in it one night near Séville (they used scissors to cut a hole) but that's not a reason to avoid Séville. However, I think proximity to a big city probably increases the risks.
At NO time have I said avoid Cardiff or the site .

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
I look for no sympathy it was merely a warning that there are thieves at large around the Cardiff site . Also I didn't lose it ( which would be my bad ) it was STOLEN , I take you are not too thick to recognise the difference ?
There are thieves everywhere, it's a sad fact of life.
We all have a responsibility to protect our possessions, otherwise we risk loosing then.
This does not simply apply to Cardiff but the world over

OP
OP
Adbt

Adbt

Banned
May 19, 2015
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Approach 740 SE
Exp
There are thrives everywhere, it's a sad fact of life.
We all have a responsibility to protect our possessions, otherwise we risk loosing then.
This does not simply apply to Cardiff but the world over
At the risk of repeating myself , i DIDNT loose the bags they were STOLEN . STEALING my stuff is not my fault it is the fault of the criminal .

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
At the risk of repeating myself , i DIDNT loose the bags they were STOLEN . STEALING my stuff is not my fault it is the fault of the criminal .
Do you leave your MH on the drive, unlocked and with the keys in the ignition?

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Ignoring the noises off, I have been leaving stuff outside on this trip, including our Cadac Safari Chef. I accept it could get pinched but I'm happy to take the risk just for the convenience of leaving it out. We always leave our tables and chairs out but I wouldn't do this on a free suburban aire, only campsites or say a rural sosta. I did buy a cable padlock once to secure the chairs and table but after a few uses I've not bothered since. If they go, they go. We'll buy new ones. :)

It has been interesting to watch folk going for showers and leaving their MHs with all the windows open, interesting to the extent we've started doing the same in the mornings. We lock up, leave Charlie on guard (fat lot of use he would be - any thief would only risk being licked to death) but we leave the windows open and only the mesh in place to keep flies out and Mr Guard Dog in.

Last edited:
R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
You are Jeremy Corbyn and I claim my five pounds !
Hang on a minute

You called me a liberal a moment ago

Now your calling me the head of the Labour Party

Make your mind up!

Autowbars

Free Member
Dec 1, 2012
Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Lunar Roadstar 800
Exp
Since 2010
6 inch gap, IT IS THE THE LOCAL WILDLIFE MAFIA.
In our garden stuff always getting moved about, light stuff,
The foxes even know how to open a wheelie bin,
we have it on cctv

Reactions: DBK
OP
OP
Adbt

Adbt

Banned
May 19, 2015
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Approach 740 SE
Exp
6 inch gap, IT IS THE THE LOCAL WILDLIFE MAFIA.
In our garden stuff always getting moved about, light stuff,
The foxes even know how to open a wheelie bin,
we have it on cctv
Table bag zipped inside a waste hog bag zipped inside a Aqua roll bag zipped , all found separate and unzipped , clean , not chewed , Jesus guys it was a thief not Basil Brush !

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back