The Western Motorhome Show - August 15th to 17th (1 Viewer)

Raoul

Free Member
Mar 5, 2008
Jarrow Tyne & Wear
Funster No
MH
Motorhome
Exp
since the summer of 2007
Yet again another great weekend:Smile:
Many thanks to John & Sandy for a great welcome and a grand job of organising us into place:thumb:
Pity about the weather but you can't organise that:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Nice to meet up with new faces as well as a few old ones:Cool::Smile:
I can definatly say a grand time was had, and the amber nectar was okay too:RollEyes:Who got drunk and had to roused before he was left all by himself:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:It wasnt me.
As for the pistol problem I ended up with two and an empty bank account:Eeek:Its an expensive hobby thats for sure:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

A grand time anyhow , thanks again to John & Sandy and nice to meet up with you all :thumb::thumb:

Raoul

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
John & Sandy did a first class job:thumb: well done!

Jim we need a mobile banner and a small gazebo that could be used when your away (need to get selling the checklists:winky::roflmto:)

Hi John, I bought 5 banners at £100 each. Bryan has one I have one Geo Has one TinaGlenn has one and Kands has one (I think). I suppose I could have posted one to JSW. :Blush: As for the Gazebo we bought a good one for £200 I have it at home, it would cost a fortune to post and its a waste of time in the summer, I know we haven't had one :Smile:

I am aware how important that central point is, especially in bad weather, maybe we should look at buying some cheaper ones. At ARVE meets lots of attendees would turn up with cheap £30 woolies style gazebos which they would lash together and have a good time.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
:

I am aware how important that central point is, especially in bad weather, maybe we should look at buying some cheaper ones. At ARVE meets lots of attendees would turn up with cheap £30 woolies style gazebos which they would lash together and have a good time.

But to get people to lash gazebos together you need enough old Funsters together with Gazebos to do it.

Must be a way of sorting something?

I have mine and would have happily used it:Smile:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
:RollEyes:Who got drunk and had to roused before he was left all by himself:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:It wasnt me.

Raoul

:Blush::Blush: but i was still watching movies at 2am. i was still last away just after JD (john and pat)

PS.
solar panels are magic.:thumb: normally i'd need me genny to recharge batteries after all the TV i'v watched this week end:Blush: but not this time (except 3mins for the 240v microwave)

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
What size inverter do you have John?

Do you watch TV via 12 volt.

My 300 watt inverter operates our sky box and normal 240 volt TV via the leisure side of things with batteries show 12.8 volts but quickly dies but the leisure side is fine for days

Power it via a separate battery and last days on the invertor.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
What size inverter do you have John?

Do you watch TV via 12 volt.

My 300 watt inverter operates our sky box and normal 240 volt TV via the leisure side of things with batteries show 12.8 volts but quickly dies but the leisure side is fine for days

Power it via a separate battery and last days on the invertor.

got a 500w inverter but i run the TV and Digibox on 12v.
cant see the point of converting 12v to 240v then tranforming down to 12v again:Doh:.
we only really use the inverter to power shirls hair tools::bigsmile: ect and charge the laptop ect.
in good sunlight the panel puts in more than the TV/digi take out:thumb::thumb:

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
I need a 12 v TV and sat box then:Smile:

Any 12 volt 20 inch TVs out there and what sat box?

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
we're getting off thread here john but worth a look at asda. if it has a transformer box on the power lead then it,s 12v. just look at the data on the tranny to be sure.
i got a Zhenda digi box from maxview, around 70quid i think. bit numb to use but but if you have sky at home you'll be used to this type of remote. it works a treat.

http://www.asda-electricals.co.uk/shop/product/bush/idlcd19w016hd.html?

Last edited:
Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
Good show at Malvern. Thanks to John & Sandy for inspired Marshalling. Didn't go to buy anything but actually bought a set of sunshades for the awning, which fortunately also work well as windbreaks, we couldn't test them as sunshades:Doh:

They also enabled 6 to sit and have a drink under a 3.5m awning in the pouring rain. I was dry but can't speak for anyone else:RollEyes:

On Sunday bought a new van just before the show closed, 2007 Rapido 999m A-class on Mercedes with just 7,500 on the clock. Handover on Saturday. Can't wait::bigsmile: (see attached pic if it worked!)

Its got a much bigger awning so will have to buy some more sunshades.

Got very good mileage going by waterskiing behind lorries on the motorway, Shirley complained at having to look at the back of a lorry for hours though. Also the lorry drivers don't seem to like it, does it drag them back?

Attachments

• 999m.jpg
    999m.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 96

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
On Sunday bought a new van just before the show closed, 2007 Rapido 999m A-class on Mercedes with just 7,500 on the clock. Handover on Saturday. Can't wait::bigsmile: (see attached pic if it worked!)

Its got a much bigger awning so will have to buy some more sunshades.

Got very good mileage going by waterskiing behind lorries on the motorway, Shirley complained at having to look at the back of a lorry for hours though. Also the lorry drivers don't seem to like it, does it drag them back?

hi, sorry we never got to talk at the show:Sad:, next time!!!

congrats on the new van, hope you enjoy it.:thumb:

cant see what the truckers problem is....we know how close they drive to each other. maybe worried if they stop quick you might damage their shiny trailers if you rearend 'em.:winky:

used to do it on motorbikes but its not a comfy ride with all the buffeting until you get right in the slipstream:Eeek: then its like the eye of a storm, dead calm:thumb:

john.

RuthRv

Free Member
Jan 4, 2008
Funster No
Apologies for posting late, left my charger in the motorhome, and only got it to-day, another good meet, but bad weather prevented a get to-gether, we do need a central meetingpoint it makes so much difference, thanks to John & Sandy for looking after us all, nice to meet new faces, and sorry that we didn't get round to saying hello to everyone, but saturday night was a wash out so glad i opted to stay in and let the boys have a night out, they all got drowned coming home, whilst I was tucked up in my nice warm bed:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: I don't do RAIN!!!!::bigsmile:

ruth

JayDee

Free Member
Oct 7, 2007
N. Devon
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 Years after 5 years with caravan.
Big thanks

Just a line or two to thank John and Sandy for their efforts over the weekend - good job and very helpful.

Met some new and some old (read that how you like :ROFLMAO:) friends;
Spent a fortune, though not in Grenville and Shirley's league :Eeek:, on a telescopic ladder (We don't have a fixed ladder up the back of the Dethleffs), a sun shade (and a fat lot of use that was), one of those padlocks that shrieks at you, a small inverter for the razor etc., and a few other odds and sods.

Saw a beautiful Laika but couldn't run to £72,000. Shame:RollEyes:

I won't forget the pictures John / Sandy.

John

OP
OP
johnsandywhite

johnsandywhite

Free Member
Jul 29, 2007
Doncaster/Spain
Funster No
MH
'A' Class RV &
Exp
Just a line or two to thank John and Sandy for their efforts over the weekend - good job and very helpful.

I won't forget the pictures John / Sandy.

:Cool: You are more than welcome. Nice to meet you and your good lady. Look forwards to receiving the pics. :winky:

Jul 27, 2007
West Yorks occasionally
Funster No
MH
Swift Bessacarr 560L
Exp
Since 2007
Banners

Re the discussion about banners, I was chatting with Sharon (KandS) the other day, and apparently she handed over a banner to Pammy, at the Bubblecar Rally a few weeks ago.

Hope this helps tracking it down :Smile:

Cheers, and hope you all have a great Bank Holiday weekend - we're off to Stoneleigh, kindly organised by Doug'n'Bar - should be a good do!!

Di

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
few pictures

Link Removed

Link Removed

Link Removed

Last edited:

Tony Santara

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Cheshire (ex Mancunian)
Funster No
MH
A class RV
Exp
since 1994
Hi All
Better late than never , had a hectic week this week kept forgeting to reply here :Doh:

Well done JSW for marshalling this one you passed with honours :roflmto::roflmto:

Nice pics Road Runner didn't5 see you take them

another bunch of nice people at this meet didn't get to meet them all maybe at the next one :thumb:

Steptoe

Free Member
Jan 6, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
B class
Exp
A belated thanks to John & Sandy for their marshalling (I came home on the Sunday & then went straight off again!) I was mightily impressed with the personal welcome (having forgotton I'd pm'd name & reg. no.:Doh:)

Sadly, despite having travelled about 300 miles so as to avoid paying £9 postage charges, I couldn't obtain the cupboard catches I needed; guess I'll now have to go to Shepton or Pickering:winky: Did find a replacement habitation clock & awning end cap though, priceless! (next post will doubtless be on how to reassemble the F45)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back