Free Member
May 7, 2009
north surrey
Funster No
MH
hi top
Exp
in first year
see this on halfords web for inflating tyres up to 100psi, apparently you set the digital pressure and it cuts off when the tyre reaches that pressure.

our local halfords are hopless but seen this on their web.

Link Removed

my old car one burnt out.

after any advice comments on this item or similar suggestions.

OP
OP
duetto owner

duetto owner

Free Member
May 7, 2009
north surrey
Funster No
MH
hi top
Exp
in first year
not sure if it will inflate with a 3.5 ton vehicle or if just for cars. Other webs show its only goes to 50psi now having doubts, got no contact info for michelin.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
OP
OP
duetto owner

duetto owner

Free Member
May 7, 2009
north surrey
Funster No
MH
hi top
Exp
in first year
Halfords Rapid Digital Tyre Inflator

looks good too but same questions will it be ok on 3.5 MH and go above 50psi?

Douglas

Free Member
Aug 22, 2008
South Wales,
Funster No
Exp
6 years + 5 years in boat before that
I picked up a cheapo from Lidl in Portugal 3 or 4 years ago for 12 euro, its still going strong, I think the secret is not to use it for more then 10 minuets at a time and lit it cool down before using again.

Doug...

Feb 25, 2008
Barril da Alva, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Caravan
Exp
on and off for the whole of my existance
hot air!!

Jim, the truck air was rated as being good, but the reason you can't find one is they are c..p. had one, burnt out in ten mins, swapped for another and would not pump above 20 psi.

I think that as long as the pump does say pump 50 psi, it does not matter what its holding up, it will still be 50 psi. Happy to be corrected.

Nothing like a tiny compressor with on board tanks

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
pressure is pressure, it just takes longer to build up. i use a gast air compressor.it works the airbrakes on trailer, it blows tyres up really quick but a bit expensive at nearly 600 quid for a 24volt .they do a 12v version .

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
Hi
Ive got one of these from Halfords and it works a treat. Have not used it to inflate from flat but topped up tyres to 70psi. The trick is, dont hammer it

Cheers
Jim
:Smile:

DESCO

Free Member
Mar 11, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
18 years +12 years tugging
Hi
Ive got one of these from Halfords and it works a treat. Have not used it to inflate from flat but topped up tyres to 70psi. The trick is, dont hammer it

Cheers
Jim
:Smile:

Must agree this has been my experience also

Dave:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
duetto owner

duetto owner

Free Member
May 7, 2009
north surrey
Funster No
MH
hi top
Exp
in first year
Well finally got one.

michelin said theirs was not suitable as these pressures would burn the motor out after a few uses, Halfords more or less said the same about all their ones when the shop rang halfords tech support.

ended up in local car parts shop and got a RAC800 for £35 which runs of recharge battery, mains, and 12v.

The guage is a poor analouge type so bought a small digital pressure guage to make up for it.

if you decide to get a RAC800 shop around internet prices were a RIP OFF some charging up to £68 for same item.

OP
OP
duetto owner

duetto owner

Free Member
May 7, 2009
north surrey
Funster No
MH
hi top
Exp
in first year
Well still no better off

the RAC800 turned out to be utter junk. the gauge read the tyre as 120psi when it was 49, but i had a decent tyre guage so did not worry at this stage. Plugged it in after 6 mins checked the psi it had only gone up 2psi tried again and the machine stopped indicating it needed charging it had just spent 20 hours on charge and showed fully charged a few moments earlier.

took it back got a different machine, it worked ok running on 12v cigar lighter socket but the lead would not reach the back wheels despite saying on the box for van use.

that went back, looks like its using garage forecourts which i am not keen on as i always check tyres cold.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back