The traditional towel is dead. (1 Viewer)

Sep 28, 2015
Kingston upon Hull, East Yorkshire.
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544
Exp
2001 Caravans 2011 Motorhomes
Away at York in foggy, wet cold conditions. Just been for a shower and got dried with our new 'Joggaboms' microfibre towels. Brilliant! No more large wet cotton towels hanging about unable to get dried.
We chose the hand towel size, which is big enough to get dried with after a shower. I used the sponge to take the thick off then dried with the microfibre. I gave the towel a bit of a blow with the hair dryer and now all I have back at the motor home is a slightly damp small towel.
Highly recommended.

philw111

Free Member
Mar 22, 2009
Moray Firth
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr 484
Exp
Since 2004
As long as you always know where your towel is (y)

Anyone confused by this is not a fan of Douglas Adams :(

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Microfibres towels are brilliant. They feel pretty horrible (at least the free Gill ones I got as sailing prizes are.......) but work really well

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Just a word of warning ref micro fibre towels ... so NOT drop them onto the ground where there is leave litter, dirt etc as it is a S*D to get out as the towels act like 'Velcro' and don't want to let it go ... I speak from experience!!!!

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
Just a word of warning ref micro fibre towels ... so NOT drop them onto the ground where there is leave litter, dirt etc as it is a S*D to get out as the towels act like 'Velcro' and don't want to let it go ... I speak from experience!!!!
Mine has a velvet soft smooth texture and does not attract bits, I know some microfibres cloths have longer "fibres" which do allow bits to stick.
Edit...seen them online described as 'suede' finish

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Mine has a velvet soft smooth texture and does not attract bits, I know some microfibres cloths have longer "fibres" which do allow bits to stick.
... don't try dropping it into a loads of loose leaf litter, bits of muck etc, to find out! Ours don't 'attract' bits but if they get dropped onto some it can be an absolute b@gger to get out ... it took me 20 mins to get it all out of one of ours.

T

Trish1

Deleted User
I have some Raqpak brand ones which are a suede finish. Love them. So fast drying.

Enword

Free Member
May 20, 2014
Devon
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Race van conversion for years
This works best for me;)
1424125832527.jpg

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
I usually have my shower, then stand outside, and beat myself dry with a leafy tree branch. Not only does it save on buying towels, (and having to wash them afterwards), but your left feeling invigorated, and slightly sensual. (y)

MillieMoocher

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Kingham
Exp
40 years under canvas: Motorhome 2016 To 2020
Although I'm a real hoopy frood who knows where his towels at (for @philw111 ), I'm not a huge fan of the microfibre towel. We use them in the MH but they seem to work best if you kind of pat yourself dry as opposed to rub yourself dry (oooh errr missis) like you do with a normal towel.

I get dry enough with the microfibre but the whole experience to me is somewhat unsatisfying - but still preferable to having towels draped throughout the van drying....

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
I have been using microfibre towel for drying for a long time now, just don't try wrapping one around yourself to hide your bits as you walk back from the shower block.

Martin

Clive

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 30, 2012
Canvey Island
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
I just stand in the awning and drip dry, bit of a bugger when I use the wind blockers :ROFLMAO:

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Hate how they feel...we bought the velvet type ones but we don't use them...much prefer the real McCoy:D
The velvet type are difficult to use as a towel as they need dabbing rather than towelling, it is good for a bath robe though apparently.

Martin

Fletton

Free Member
Oct 19, 2014
Lincolnshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sky I Plus 650LG
Exp
First MoHo - April 2015
Rave all you like but cotton all the way for moi...

However, I am somewhat old fashioned and use a flannel to wash ones-self... it is then used to remove excess water prior to using towel... which remains practically dry...
Only dampened slightly from drying one's hair..

In the Moho.. said flannel is also used to dry-down the shower cubicle... prior to exiting... by which time the only wet bits left on moi are souls of feet and hair... :)

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Rave all you like but cotton all the way for moi...

However, I am somewhat old fashioned and use a flannel to wash ones-self... it is then used to remove excess water prior to using towel... which remains practically dry...
Only dampened slightly from drying one's hair..

In the Moho.. said flannel is also used to dry-down the shower cubicle... prior to exiting... by which time the only wet bits left on moi are souls of feet and hair... :)
Trying not to imagine that John!!!;)

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
I usually have my shower, then stand outside, and beat myself dry with a leafy tree branch. Not only does it save on buying towels, (and having to wash them afterwards), but your left feeling invigorated, and slightly sensual. (y)
... if you want tootsy I'm sure some funsters would be more than willing to do the beating for you ... might not be quite so sensual though!:sneaky:

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
I hate getting dried after a shower, bath etc so I have a microfibre wrap round 'skirt' and a thin fleece type short dressing gown which I put on and dry my legs/feet with a flannel, plus have a microfibre hair wrap ... a few mins later, normally once I've dried out the shower, I'm totally dry and my hair is just damp. The wet cloths don't take long to dry at all.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Just spotted these on ebay ... sensible idea and could be used as a towel or 'robe'... or if you have a large towel already you could make your own.

Link Removed

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

FJmike

Free Member
Jul 17, 2014
Swindon
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
over ten years
We have been using microfiber towels for years and would never go back to ordinary towels, far too bulky and this time of year would never dry. It has always been a source of amusement to us to see a motorhome with towels drying on the mucky bike rack. We always used the smoother microfiber towels but now use the plusher ones as they feel much more comfortable and dry just as quick.

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
We've tried two different microfiber towels and gave up on both after a while. The problem is even with regular washing they begin to stink. I think the problem is the fibres are so tangled and close together they trap bits of skin which washing can't completely remove.
The manufacturers recognise this problem and some microfiber towels claim to have "odour control" additives. Ours did but it didn't seem to do any good, they still stank after a while.

Feb 21, 2016
Uk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2017
We have been using microfiber towels for years and would never go back to ordinary towels, far too bulky and this time of year would never dry. It has always been a source of amusement to us to see a motorhome with towels drying on the mucky bike rack. We always used the smoother microfiber towels but now use the plusher ones as they feel much more comfortable and dry just as quick.

I must be very thick as I fail to understand how these towels work so well.
So,you have a shower,you let some of the water drip off you,then you apply said towel to your body. So....the water that was on you is now on your towel.
In order to dry said towel you must now put it somewhere where the water will evaporate.
That's the same for any towel isn't it? Well,obviously not,but can someone explain it to me please.
Pod

spitfire

Free Member
Oct 13, 2010
Correze France
Funster No
MH
Bavaria
Exp
Since 2003
Edit...seen them online described as 'suede' finish
Ours too suede finish is the way to go lol

rich g

Free Member
May 29, 2014
Worcester
Funster No
MH
A/S Warwick
Exp
since 2013
Recently bought a X/L microfibre towel from Decathlon,i have used it a few times and up until now very pleased,dries quickly and folds up small.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back