The Spanish Job - message for those that are coming!! (2 Viewers)

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
Yes we have landed, about 4.30/5.00 yesterday, overnighting at salmanca and arriving Friday , we had a lovely welcoming by Dame Penelope and Lord Rex ! You won't be disappointed here.. Today the ladies had a little tour abouts while the men got on with the work setting up. A lovey day was had by all ok we did have a cloudy day with some showers but still warm

Looking forward to tomorrow

Kath n John of the Spanish Funsters section xx

Ash

Trader - Service & Repairs
LIFE MEMBER
Sep 22, 2007
Chapel st Leonard's. Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Yes we have landed, about 4.30/5.00 yesterday, overnighting at salmanca and arriving Friday , we had a lovely welcoming by Dame Penelope and Lord Rex ! You won't be disappointed here.. Today the ladies had a little tour abouts while the men got on with the work setting up. A lovey day was had by all ok we did have a cloudy day with some showers but still warm

Have a lovely time you lot ,glad you have arrived safely , see you all next year :Smile::Smile::thumb:

OP
OP
PenelopePitstop

PenelopePitstop

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 3, 2007
Royston Vasey and beyond!
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 1999
OK, we went to the docs. tonight and it looks like good news. they are saying Jean is OK with her tablets, at least for the next few months.
So we will be getting ready to set off early December.

About time too as it's getting cold here and I feel the need for SUN. :sin::sin::sin:

Now to rob Tesco of a few bob and get the tunnel booked then we'll be organised. :thumb:::bigsmile:riving2:

Good to hear your news Keith! :thumb:
Please let us know when you think you'll be arriving here!:Smile:

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun

Are Bryan & Suzy with you?

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Jan Hope you have a wonderful day tomorrow..... hope the visit from your daughter was brilliant too.

Sounds like you are all having a wonderful time and that life is treating you well in your new found freedom. :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003

Good to hear your news Keith! :thumb:
Please let us know when you think you'll be arriving here!:Smile:

Hi folks, not quite set yet but will let you know as soon as we are all packed up & sorted the family out. Once we get the tickets we will let you know.

Movin' on

Free Member
Apr 1, 2010
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2001
Joining up with the Spanish mob.

Hi everybody
Have you got room for another M/H with two occupants departing Dover on 10th January'11. This will be our first trip abroad and would accept and be grateful for any advice for the route and journey down. We shall be staying for 1 month initially but that may extend to longer. We have a golden retriever, I trust they allow dogs at this site.
We are Adrian and Jean Trim and our M/H is Kontiki 669 which is just over 8 mtrs.

OP
OP
PenelopePitstop

PenelopePitstop

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 3, 2007
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 1999
Hi everybody
Have you got room for another M/H with two occupants departing Dover on 10th January'11. This will be our first trip abroad and would accept and be grateful for any advice for the route and journey down. We shall be staying for 1 month initially but that may extend to longer. We have a golden retriever, I trust they allow dogs at this site.
We are Adrian and Jean Trim and our M/H is Kontiki 669 which is just over 8 mtrs.

Hi Adrian and Jean and welcome!:Smile:

There's plenty of room here in Zahora!:Smile:

No problem with bringing your dog at all - there are a few on site!

When we travel down from Dover we head down past Bordeaux then head east towards Toulouse and Perpignan. We cross the Pyrenees and then travel down the Med turning right before Gibraltar!

Ask questions and I'm sure plenty of others will answer!:Smile:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Hi everybody
Have you got room for another M/H with two occupants departing Dover on 10th January'11. This will be our first trip abroad.

Do your sums. January. Winter. Do you risk 1500 winter miles or 700 winter miles.

That is the approximate difference in coming via Dover or Santander.

There's not a whole lot of difference in costs, but a lot less miles and days on the road.

If you hang around until spring then cost to up come via Santander and return via Dover.

Everything else you need for continental travel is scattered around this thread and the previous Spanish Job thread you can get to via the calendar.

Movin' on

Free Member
Apr 1, 2010
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2001
Do your sums. January. Winter. Do you risk 1500 winter miles or 700 winter miles.

That is the approximate difference in coming via Dover or Santander.

There's not a whole lot of difference in costs, but a lot less miles and days on the road.

If you hang around until spring then cost to up come via Santander and return via Dover.

Everything else you need for continental travel is scattered around this thread and the previous Spanish Job thread you can get to via the calendar.
Thanks Brian, I appreciate your input but there are several reasons why we chose to go via dover. Firstly, we fancy the journey down through France for the experience of the Aires with a view to future visits and secondly we didn't fancy the poor dog being muzzled and being left alone for long periods of the journey. I can appreciate there is little difference in cost and a lot less traveling but I quite fancy the journey. (If I regret this decision I think I'll owe you a pint)
Thanks anyway,
Adrian.

OP
OP
PenelopePitstop

PenelopePitstop

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 3, 2007
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 1999
Thanks Brian, I appreciate your input but there are several reasons why we chose to go via dover. Firstly, we fancy the journey down through France for the experience of the Aires with a view to future visits and secondly we didn't fancy the poor dog being muzzled and being left alone for long periods of the journey. I can appreciate there is little difference in cost and a lot less traveling but I quite fancy the journey. (If I regret this decision I think I'll owe you a pint)
Thanks anyway,
Adrian.

Adrian - he'll want a pint off you anyway! Beware of the Hilldweller!!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Mar 26, 2009
Yr Wyddgrug
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL
Exp
Since 2009
Hi from me too:thumb:. I dare say you're enjoying the sun while I'm bloody freezing and its going to get colder as the week progresses. I hope the sun shines on you so much you have to stay in your vans to keep cool:ROFLMAO:

Envious, Moi?

Hope everyone is well and enjoying themselves:thumb:

Rayb182

Funster
Deceased RIP
Nov 13, 2009
Great Bentley
Funster No
MH
Sundance 590 PR
Exp
Since 1999
Only another 11 days to go of this cold orrible wever:cry:then the warmth on the bones.......................yipeeeeeeeeeeee:thumb::thumb:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
(If I regret this decision I think I'll owe you a pint)
Thanks anyway,
Adrian.

No problem, if it goes pear shaped it's you who will need the pint.

Beware aires not working fully because they turn the water off to stop freezing.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Only another 11 days to go of this cold orrible wever:cry:then the warmth on the bones.......................yipeeeeeeeeeeee:thumb::thumb:

17 for us.

Now don't you go and wear out that sun.

You might politely check that Dame Penelope is managing our pitch construction to our specification. Buy Sir Rex a drink or two, we don't him feeling out of the loop whilst his good wife is in the construction business. But not too many or else he starts telling the tale of how he had a dog called Nelson that was trained to cock it's leg up on Spaniards.......

and French and Chinese, well just about any none Brits.

Mar 26, 2009
Yr Wyddgrug
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL
Exp
Since 2009
I wasn't joking:shout:

Attachments

• Metcheck_25-11-2010.jpg
    Metcheck_25-11-2010.jpg
    169.2 KB · Views: 41
Sep 16, 2010
Bungay Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Autotrail TrackerEKS
Exp
Since 2010
spanish job.

Reading your posts about this great sounding trip make us not QUITE retired folk green with envy. Just another 14 months. Enjoy and drive safe.

Mitch

Rayb182

Funster
Deceased RIP
Nov 13, 2009
Great Bentley
Funster No
MH
Sundance 590 PR
Exp
Since 1999
Cant wait to leave the brrrrrrrrrrr cold weather, on the 5 December ferry but start our journey a bit earlier just in case we have problems getting down to Plymouth:thumb:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Spanish Diesel

No big deal, but what are Santander prices on diesel ?

Do we leave full or empty ?

I saw £1.30 on my travels the other day.

"There will be riots when petrol hits £1 a litre" -- right!

OP
OP
PenelopePitstop

PenelopePitstop

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 3, 2007
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 1999
No big deal, but what are Santander prices on diesel ?

Do we leave full or empty ?

I saw £1.30 on my travels the other day.

"There will be riots when petrol hits £1 a litre" -- right!

We left full so as to be sure we were OK for diesel on 1st day.
Filled up at Tordesillas on A62 and Merida on A66 - cost about £1.09 a litre.

Service areas few and far between on motorways - have to come off on "caminos de servicio" for fil ups and rests etc.

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
Marie can you ask Suzy or Bryan to post or PM me to let me know how they are please?

I miss em:Blush::Blush::Blush:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back